Is it enough?
Hello,

I'm going to buy a new laptop because the one i use now is not fast enough to run the games i play at full speed,here are the specs of the laptop I'm using right now:

Intel® Core™ i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz 1.90GHz
RAM 4.00 GB
Windows 8.1
64-bit Oprerating System x64-based processor

I'ts was only  enough to play RE4 in full speed with rare frame drops

the laptop I'm considering have the following specs:

GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz)
16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 

Will it be enough to play most PS2 Games at normal resolution?

Sponsored links

Assuming it has adequate cooling to allow the CPU to run without throttling, then it should handle most games mostly at full speed. There will be some really demanding titles that won't run well, but they don't run well on a lot of hardware. You also won't have locked full speed and some scenes in some games may cause the occasional frame drop. But that laptop is in the recomended CPU range of performance (it has around twice the single core performance of your current system).
It will be able to play almost all games at full speed(there are few exeptions)
You can expect at least 2 or 3 of what you get now.

That cpu stp if below the recommended stp for most games(1600...yours is 1042)
I have laptop with 6700HQ which is a little bit slower than 7700HQ but all of the games I tried until now are working fine
(05-27-2018, 05:01 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Assuming it has adequate cooling to allow the CPU to run without throttling, then it should handle most games mostly at full speed.  There will be some really demanding titles that won't run well, but they don't run well on a lot of hardware.  You also won't have locked full speed and some scenes in some games may cause the occasional frame drop.  But that laptop is in the recomended CPU range of performance (it has around twice the single core performance of your current system).

(05-27-2018, 05:02 PM)vsub Wrote: It will be able to play almost all games at full speed(there are few exeptions)
You can expect at least 2 or 3 of what you get now.

That cpu stp if below the recommended stp for most games(1600...yours is 1042)
I have laptop with 6700HQ which is a little bit slower than 7700HQ but all of the games I tried until now are working fine

Thank you guys for the quick reply.

This is the laptop if someone is interested:
https://www.newegg.com/global/sa/Product...gnorebbr=1
it's a predator then you won't have to worry about cooling as long as you maintain the laptop.