Is it my video card?
Hello mates.There was this thing that bothered me,and I wanted to ask? Why does the emulator speed from games is the same,of when I have my processor overclocked,and when I don't?

In other words,I overclock my PC from 2.5Ghz to 3.2 Ghz,and the games seems to run at the same frame speed.For example i tried to play Ratched and clank 1, and the speed is quite the same,and a bit slow also.

Shadow of the colossus also runs at an unplayable speed.

Other games like Kingdom hearts runs smoothly though,but in some areeas it begins to lag.

P.S:I heard that you can't complete Ratchet and Clank games with PCSX2.Is that true??

Btw i made a mistake and posted this in the mac section.

Sponsored links

Moved to general discussion. Watch the GS % on the GSdx title bar. If it is close to 90% or above it means you are limited by your video card. These 2 games are extremely demanding, especially Shadow of the Colossus which even had problems on the actual PS2 console too. VU cycle stealing hack works wonders with that game, try it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-05-2011, 02:07 PM)Bositman Wrote: Moved to general discussion. Watch the GS % on the GSdx title bar. If it is close to 90% or above it means you are limited by your video card. These 2 games are extremely demanding, especially Shadow of the Colossus which even had problems on the actual PS2 console too. VU cycle stealing hack works wonders with that game, try it.

With shadow of the colossus? I don't think so.I tried that.Btw my GS % ranges between 35% and 50%(max).
Yes it does. The speed hack was actually designed by testing the behavior of that game.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-05-2011, 07:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yes it does. The speed hack was actually designed by testing the behavior of that game.

Well then that means it's my Ati radeon 3400 HD card.I wonder is it that bad?
I remember trying that setting , but it didn't do much of a difference.

I admit , Ati 3400HD with 2.5 ghz processor , isn't even close to what I need,but if i overclock it to make it run with 3.2 ghz,and still doesn't make the cut??? I don't think so...
Still no reply? I know that these videogames demand a lot of requirements.But I want to know what it's better for me to upgrade massively.
Do you have desktop PC or laptop? Ati 3400HD is a weak card,you can get good low-end card for about 60 $. What is your cpu intel or AMD,dual or single core?
(02-05-2011, 07:06 PM)gabi4play Wrote: With shadow of the colossus? I don't think so.I tried that.Btw my GS % ranges between 35% and 50%(max).

If you have a single core processor, this is quite painful. there is a whole thread in here somewhere on shadow of the colossus to help people run it better. will edit my post when i find it.

Edit: Here we go!

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Shadow-of...ssus--4737
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-07-2011, 07:29 PM)refraction Wrote: If you have a single core processor, this is quite painful. there is a whole thread in here somewhere on shadow of the colossus to help people run it better. will edit my post when i find it.

Edit: Here we go!

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Shadow-of...ssus--4737

I have a dual core.

It would help if you told us what CPU you have Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64