Is it normal to play games at 30 fps with a decent PC(i3 6100+GTX750Ti)?
I tried Breath of Fire V and Phantasy Star Universe
but neither runs at full speed (average 40 fps). I used
all the default settings.

I am new to PCSX2, I wonder if it is normal or my computer is too slow?

My spec:
CPU: i3-6100
GPU: GTX 750Ti
Mem: 8 GB

Edit: here is my settings (but like I said, I installed PCSX2, changed something but all returned to default)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

What GSdx settings are you using? 2-3x native res would be your best bet, and I would switch to the OpenGL renderer if you aren't already using it.
It's a good CPU, but only a dual core. that's why some must-be-used features (like MTVU speedhkack) won't be efficient in this case, and may lead you to some slow downs.
Can you please post your settings, anyways ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks guys, I updated my post.
I did change some settings, but
things do not change after returning
to the default.
Just to note, a i3 6100 is a dual core with 4 threads (2 per core). Now i dont know if that makes a difference to a real quad in PCSX2, but shouldnt it be better then the old dual i3's?.

Also, the reason for recommanding OpenGL over Direct3d rendering is cause its faster? In general, is OpenGL a better choice?
OpenGL is more accurate and faster on Nvidia GPUs that is why iots the recommended backend to use with PCSX2
(04-18-2017, 06:14 PM)Topken Wrote: OpenGL is more accurate and faster on Nvidia GPUs that is why iots the recommended backend to use with PCSX2

Ah ok, then Sly 3 might be an exception since its running much faster on DX11 then OpenGL on my GTX560TI and GTX 670.
(04-18-2017, 08:50 PM)Aggressor22 Wrote: Ah ok, then Sly 3 might be an exception since its running much faster on DX11 then OpenGL on my GTX560TI and GTX 670.

you know I keep seeing posts on here from devs/mods that OpenGL is faster than DX on nvidia cards and that just doesn't seem realistic. I own a couple dozen ps2 games and they all run faster using DX11 on my 970. That is with older drivers as well updated drivers. The only time OpenGL should be used is for compatibility purposes imo.
(04-18-2017, 09:10 PM)wheninrome Wrote: you know I keep seeing posts on here from devs/mods that OpenGL is faster than DX on nvidia cards and that just doesn't seem realistic. I own a couple dozen ps2 games and they all run faster using DX11 on my 970. That is with older drivers as well updated drivers. The only time OpenGL should be used is for compatibility purposes imo.

By that they mean it's faster on NVIDIA cards than using OpenGL on AMD cards.

OpenGL drivers are godawful on AMD cards, causing it to make games run terribly slow majority of the time.

The OpenGL backend is however, far more accurate than Direct3D11 and has a lot of bug fixes implemented for various games on PCSX2 that still exist in the Direct3D11 backend.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Yes, that means if your using an Nvidia card, its more accurate to use but not faster then Direct3D11. If it was both faster and more accurate that would be nice Tongue