Is it possible for devs to add FSR on PCSX2?
if yes do you guys plan on adding it in the future? I think it would be great for AA purposes

Sponsored links

I'm not sure how AMD equivalent of DLSS would do anything for emulation. It's all prebaked just like older PC games.
(06-26-2021, 07:33 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: I'm not sure how AMD equivalent of DLSS would do anything for emulation. It's all prebaked just like older PC games.

You can change resolution in the settings for Antialiasing, I figured it would increase quality without sacrificing performance with an inbuilt FSR, maybe DLSS could also be implemented but I think you need to ask Nvidia since it isn't open source
You mean Anisotropic Filtering? That's for banding on extreme angles, there is also texture filtering of Display or even FXAA shader. But DLSS is only possible if it uses raytracing, i have no clue why people think this is possible on emulation.
(06-26-2021, 10:00 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: You mean Anisotropic Filtering? That's for banding on extreme angles, there is also texture filtering of Display or even FXAA shader. But DLSS is only possible if it uses raytracing, i have no clue why people think this is possible on emulation.

DLSS and AMD's FSR don't require raytracing for their respective upscaling; they just have to be made compatible. You can run DLSS without even having raytracing turned on and FSR is essentially a fancy new sharpening filter when you get right down to it.
The only place it would be of any use is the software renderer to smooth the image out, however we can't because we use OpenGL for the software renderer (for linux compatibility), and FSR doesn't support OpenGL right now.

For the hardware renderer it'll be kinda pointless tbh.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]