Is it possible to disable BGM for a specific game?
Hi there, sorry if this post doesn't belong here.

I am curious if it is possible to mute only the BGM in God Hand. There are no in game options that allow this, so is it possible to do this by messing around with the audio plugin, or through cheats? If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks.

Sponsored links

there exist patches for some games.
I have one for Final Fantasy X to disable BGM but not sure about God Hand.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

In the 1.4 progress report was mentioned that there are hidden features to control different output channels via spu2-ini. I never heard about that feature. Maybe it does what you want to do.
(01-11-2016, 03:09 AM)willkuer Wrote: In the 1.4 progress report was mentioned that there are hidden features to control different output channels via spu2-ini. I never heard about that feature. Maybe it does what you want to do.

I'll check it out, thanks. I had tried editing the ISO and emptying the contents of each BGM (.ADX) file, then repacking the ISO, but the game refused to run Sad

e: Didn't work. Seems that the music and sound effects are on the same channel. Thank you anyway!
what you tried is kind of complicated. Have you tried just unpacking, repacking and running? I think even that won't work. I guess you need to manipulate the iso directly. So look for the block to overwrite and overwrite byte by byte until the block is over.
(01-11-2016, 03:18 AM)ironclock Wrote: I'll check it out, thanks. I had tried editing the ISO and emptying the contents of each BGM (.ADX) file, then repacking the ISO, but the game refused to run Sad

e: Didn't work. Seems that the music and sound effects are on the same channel. Thank you anyway!

This in theory should work, but it can be tricky. You need to zero out - not delete - the sound data part of the file without messing with its header, loop points and signature. Some games needs the modified file to have the same size as it was originally.

Sound like a possibly tedious job though, especially if it was encrypted, hope you'll find a ready tool - search for ADX encoder -. If not, then this is a starting point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.D.X._(fi...escription

http://s15.zetaboards.com/legendsofmoddi...8073959/1/    << Has a link to an ADX encoder, use at your own risk.
Here is the patch to disable BGM for US Version.

If you have some other version, send me the elf.

Attached Files
.zip   God Hand [SLUS 21503] (U).zip (Size: 262 bytes / Downloads: 518)
(01-11-2016, 06:22 PM)prafull Wrote: Here is the patch to disable BGM for US Version.

If you have some other version, send me the elf.

Will you marry me?
(01-12-2016, 01:18 AM)ironclock Wrote: Will you marry me?

lol. Sorry I am straight Tongue
(01-12-2016, 08:34 AM)prafull Wrote: lol. Sorry I am straight Tongue

Thanks again bro. Might I ask how you did this? I kinda wanna learn or at least attempt to learn how to disable the HUD as well (if it's even possible)