Is it possible to register up and down simultaneously?
I'm trying to play the DDR games. However, if I press up and down simultaneously, or left and right simultaneously, only one of those arrows will be recognized. This makes any DDR game impossible to play.

I've looked around for information on this, and it seems others have had the same problem. I tried using all three of the different pad plug-ins, and it looks like none of them can register two arrows on the same axis simultaneously.

Is there anyway to get around this?

Thank you for any help.

Sponsored links

Pressing opposite directions at the same time is physically impossible while using gamepad which is the device used on the console.
If a combo says left right,it doesn't mean that you have to press them at the same time
Yeah, you don't have to press them at the same time, you should have a little time interval between pressing them consecutively.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
"Pressing opposite directions at the same time is physically impossible while using gamepad which is the device used on the console"

Are you saying that you can't hit the up and down arrows at the same time on the original console? If so, that's just not true. I had the PS2 and you definitely could hit both arrows at the same time. It's a huge part of the game.
I'll ask my brother about this, we own DDR Max or something on the PS2. I'll have him test playing on a controller. I'll get back to you in about 3 hours or so, when he wakes up.
(03-05-2015, 06:26 PM)Thorston Wrote: "Pressing opposite directions at the same time is physically impossible while using gamepad which is the device used on the console"

Are you saying that you can't hit the up and down arrows at the same time on the original console? If so, that's just not true. I had the PS2 and you definitely could hit both arrows at the same time. It's a huge part of the game.

It depends on the gamepad but only two opposite directions is impossible...either all of the directions or just one(I've open not one or two ps1\2 gamepads and I know how the keys are pressed)
don't ddr games come with the dance mat?!? this makes it possible to push two at once. hello? Wink

on keyboard it should naturally do it. the controller's button physics doesn't alllow that. ofc. you gotta be really quick to mash that into the buffer. there could be fix for that. but don't ask about that? that's actually not doing it. it's bs hack. Smile
I just asked my brother this question. He said that you might be able to use X, Square, Triangle and Circle instead of the D-pad. He said that the both analog sticks might work.

If they don't, the best thing you can do it map the D-Pad to X, Square, Triangle and Circle, so you can push the buttons in an easier fashion. Good luck! =)
just about mapping it. how about R1/2 and L1/2? enjoy memorizing that tho. on PC the easiest is the numpad. come on. you don't see it? it's finger dance. skill is to do it one handed. cheaters use two. Biggrin
Haha, yeah I guess for DDR, you can do a ton of things because of mapping.