Is it safe to disable frame rate limiter for extended play?
Hi there,

I like to disable the frame rate limiter when grinding during RPGs in order to save time and make the process a little less tedious. Currently doing this while item farming on Suikoden III.

I have recently seen a couple of comments on forums suggesting that this is bad and could damage your system (one claimed it eats up RAM,- whether they meant DRAM or VRAM, I don't know). Is that true? Is it dangerous?

My CPU/GPU temps when playing with an unlocked frame limit in this fashion are safe.

Many thanks in advance.

My specs are as follows:

i5-3570k OC'd to 4.6ghz

Gtx 680 (EVGA Superclocked)

16gb Ram @ 1600Mhz

120gb Intel 330 SSD

Corsair TX850w Bronze

Sponsored links

Playing with the frame limiter disabled should do you no harm whatsoever.
where is the option to disable the limiter
I would still suggest to use the turbo mode (toggled by tab). This mode was extra intended to be used for this purpose. Normally it runs the game at 2x speed but you can as well set it higher. By using the turbo mode you get a controllable boost.

Turbo, Slowmotion and framelimiter are set in emulation settings -> gs
Provided you keep your hardware cool enough, there would be no damage.
(12-21-2014, 04:03 AM)Clank Wrote: Provided you keep your hardware cool enough, there would be no damage.

And he dont mind playing the game way faster then it was intended, like everything is on speed or crack when limiter is disabled
(12-21-2014, 02:27 AM)willkuer Wrote: I would still suggest to use the turbo mode (toggled by tab). This mode was extra intended to be used for this purpose. Normally it runs the game at 2x speed but you can as well set it higher. By using the turbo mode you get a controllable boost.

Turbo, Slowmotion and framelimiter are set in emulation settings -> gs

Thanks! Didn't know about turbo mode. Will use
(12-21-2014, 04:03 AM)Clank Wrote: Provided you keep your hardware cool enough, there would be no damage.

Thanks!