Is it worth upgrading to a 1440p monitor for gaming ?
It is only worth it if you have a big room and need a big monitor, like in the living room with friends and family or whatnot. If it is for personal use with normal computer screen, then it is a waste of money and GPU power, the pixel density is very high even in 1080, and the difference in practically non-existing for me, so either I'm completely blind, or the people you are talking about are under heavy placebo effect.

So, unless you are going for a large screen (32"+), I'd go with a 1080p, 120 Hz monitor over a 1440p, 60 Hz one, just because the screen tearing is much less notable in 120-144 Hz.

Sponsored links

I depends on your preference. Personally, I think it's pointless because I like big screens (42" or more). After using an HDTV as a monitor, I won't use a normal size monitor anymore. For me, 32" monitors are super small for 1440p resolution.
Yeah if going 32"+ 4k all way way. I personally have a great 24" 1920x1200 60hz IPS panel. It works perfectly fine for my needs but I do need a GPU upgrade at some point this year. I currently have a GTX 660 ti 2gb and will likely upgrade to a 960 4gb card.
4K monitors are utterly pointless for me. The sizes are extremely small for 4K resolution.