Is my Graphic card the problem ?
So I have a Core2Quad Q8200, 2,33 Ghz, with 3,25 Go ram.
And my graphic card is a GEforce 8600 GT.
So far I only tried Yakuza and Persona 4 but none seems to work properly, it's like slow-motion.
I tried some of the recommanded settings from the general configuration topic but none work.
Any specific settings I could try, or am I just screwed because of my graphic card ? (if so, what would be a good but not too expensive GC I could use to replace mine ?)

Sponsored links

(10-10-2009, 07:18 PM)Fukurou Wrote: So I have a Core2Quad Q8200, 2,33 Ghz, with 3,25 Go ram.
And my graphic card is a GEforce 8600 GT.
So far I only tried Yakuza and Persona 4 but none seems to work properly, it's like slow-motion.
I tried some of the recommanded settings from the general configuration topic but none work.
Any specific settings I could try, or am I just screwed because of my graphic card ? (if so, what would be a good but not too expensive GC I could use to replace mine ?)

maybe, maybe the speed of ur cpu, all the ppl recomend 3Ghz, try with oc and check the forum for the persona 3 y 4 recomend config.
Your card should be able to run games just fine as soon as you check the "native" option in GSdx and use the Direct3D10 (Hardware) renderer. What kind of bad speeds do you get and what settings are you using at the moment?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks for your answers !

Shadow, here's my settings :

[Image: conf1.th.jpg] [Image: conf2.th.jpg]

[Image: conf3.th.jpg] [Image: conf4.th.jpg]

I can't use Direct3D10 because I'm on Windows XP (not sure that it will work better with Windows 7 and Dx10 anyway ?)
The bad speeds I have is just some sort of slow motion...don't know how to explain this better since it's not my native language but I think the description still fits.
Examples : Yakuza (Iso) starts ok, the screen title and menu are ok, the first cinematic too, and then the second and third cinematic are in slow-mo...and just after theat, the game too...
The Persona 3 FES is an original DVD, and it's slow starting with the first cinematic.
So it's not some bad speeds but a slowdown overall, making the games unplayable...

Ecchiles, I have to go off the Net now but I'll try to find the Persona-related topics, thanks.
windows xp should support DX10 atleast mine does when i had it and you should make ISO's of your games they run better then using the dvd drive

also your computer is better then mine and i have no problems running games at all i had one with KH RE CoM but that was fixed when i rerad the bug reports on it
we have the same problem dude,

I have 3.26 Ghz Processor,
3 GB Ram,
362 MB Video Card, (Built in CHipset)

ANd tried the game Are You Smarter THan A Fifth Grader
and like slow mo xD
Intel® Core™2 i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz (8 CPU's), ~3.4 GHz
DirectX 11
2047 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Windows Ultimate 32-Bit

asch: XP has never supported directX10 and never will officially... There is a hacked up crap version out there that's unstable and definitely not supported (not to mention doesn't work for many games)

It's very easy to tell if your GPU is holding you back. If you look at the PCSX2 window and it constantly says CPU at 95% or higher, it is the GPU that is at fault and you need a better faster one. If it's below 80% and you get lots of slowdowns, it's guaranteed to be a processor issue.
[Image: 2748844.png]
my cpu only runs at about half same with the gpu sometimes up to 60 % i dont have any problems running games at all and my system specs are lower then yours mako with the exception of my video card and also which is a good reason to get vista since it usually comes with DX10 or higher
Try disabling Vsync in GSdx, it does not good specially in your case. Enable VU0rec/VU1rec and MTGS in the CPU options, and also try using "x2 cycle rate" and "IOP x2" speedhacks if it's still too slow and for last set the "clamp" modes in Advanced settings to normal or none.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
@asch

i see.. hmm,, I do also run games without problems but with an unstable FPS,
let' set an example, I run a game, at first (the corporation names appear and stuffs) I am having 100%
after that, when the start up appears, or a cutscene, it gets unstable like 60% 75% 94% 59% etc..\

Also, I have Vista, I have DX10, but I can't run the emu if I pick DIrect3D 10 at the config,
a window appears saying An unhandled or unrecoverable exception occured
The GS plugin failed to open/initialize...

@Shadow Lady

Thats for the 2 of us?
Intel® Core™2 i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz (8 CPU's), ~3.4 GHz
DirectX 11
2047 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Windows Ultimate 32-Bit