Is my cpu fast enough for pcsx?
my specs are

AMD Quad-Core pro (up to 2.4GHz)
AMD Radeon R4 Graphics
8 GB DDR3 L memory
1000 GB HDD

Sponsored links

Do I need to leave more info?
what is your actual proc model? I'd say off hand.. it can possibly handle some games, but it will struggle on the more demanding ones.

That said, download passmark and do a cpu test.. if your cpu has a single thread performance of 1600 or better.. you're going to be able to play quite a few games
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
It's an acer aspire

Only got a 1000 on the passmark test

I'm guessing it's not good enough then
I got a thread for that. But my gsdx settings are a little outdated. (I plan to fix that in the next week or so)
Ok thanks. I'll try out your settings
My gsdx settings have now been fixed
Thanks your settings sped it up from 14fps to 35fps. Still not great but a lot better. That was while using 1.0.0, if I go to an even older version will that speed it up even more?
Why are you using super old versions.. usually later builds work faster then older even with all the accuracy additions.
[Image: xckarn-5.png]
(03-02-2017, 01:31 AM)Xhale Wrote: Thanks your settings sped it up from 14fps to 35fps. Still not great but a lot better. That was while using 1.0.0, if I go to an even older version will that speed it up even more?

I have noticed that it is later, not earlier builds you want. you can find some of that logic around in my posts (with actual numbers as well)