Is my next to be laptop good enough for PCSX2?
asus and dell alienware are good gaming laptops. i have an hp pavilion dv6 and i am gaming ok on it

however there is something critical u should know when gaming on laptops. gaming causes the graphics card and cpu to overwork so laptop heats more than usual. some laptops dont handle excess heating well like my hp pavilion dv6. my laptop died only a few months after i bought it due to excess gaming lol

if u want to game on laptop then use a coolpad

Sponsored links

(03-09-2014, 08:10 PM)solidus Wrote: asus and dell alienware are good gaming laptops. i have an hp pavilion dv6 and i am gaming ok on it

however there is something critical u should know when gaming on laptops. gaming causes the graphics card and cpu to overwork so laptop heats more than usual. some laptops dont handle excess heating well like my hp pavilion dv6. my laptop died only a few months after i bought it due to excess gaming lol

if u want to game on laptop then use a coolpad
Yeah I just wanted to say that XD Cooling pad(GOOD cooling pad) or play the games in some intervals;1hr playing,30min. cooling down and so on...
About ur laptop;Yeah pavilion is great,but thats 60% bussines and working laptop,and 40% goes on gaming,so if he REALLY NEEDS laptop for playing games instead of desktop,that should be Alienware or Dell XPS(as a cheaper version of Alienware)...However ur HP is still 4x better than my Acer,Im thinking of buying one...
My two year old laptop XPS17 GT555M i7-2670QM can run almost all games in fullspeed in 720p resolution and some in 1080p. But the U in the CPU name is a really big issue, as ultra low voltage CPUs are extremely slow, most likely too slow for pcsx2. I once had an i5U and the performance was much closer to Intel Atom and far away from a normal i3, i5 or i7 CPU without the U.
I´m going to buy a cooler but i do have a temp checker installed that i run everytime i play something and it´s really well in the normal values and the vents where the laptop breath aren´t really hot, they are normal, to every laptop i have gamed in. My old laptop, as an Acer and lasted 6 years before having to change the thermal paste of it, and i did game quite a bit on it. Also i don´t game like non-stop, at best i game for a 1 hour straight, but i quit after, i know a laptop is not a console when you can play non-stop for years without any problem. Also it appears that this ASUS has some type of special cooling system built in from what i read on the manual.

Just tried PCSX2 by the way, for the games i did want to play, it kinda works like i expected, so i´m happy.
(03-10-2014, 06:14 PM)PedroPM Wrote: I´m going to buy a cooler but i do have a temp checker installed that i run everytime i play something and it´s really well in the normal values and the vents where the laptop breath aren´t really hot, they are normal, to every laptop i have gamed in. My old laptop, as an Acer and lasted 6 years before having to change the thermal paste of it, and i did game quite a bit on it. Also i don´t game like non-stop, at best i game for a 1 hour straight, but i quit after, i know a laptop is not a console when you can play non-stop for years without any problem. Also it appears that this ASUS has some type of special cooling system built in from what i read on the manual.

Just tried PCSX2 by the way, for the games i did want to play, it kinda works like i expected, so i´m happy.
Glad to hear that bro... Smile