Is my rig good enough?
(08-03-2013, 05:14 PM)Koji Wrote: Substantially. Intel has far better single thread performance, especially in PCSX2.

Okay, but I guess I can't have that in my motherboard right?

Sponsored links

Yeah, you'd need to get a new MOBO for it. That CPU needs Socket LGA 1155.
(08-03-2013, 05:25 PM)NarooN Wrote: Yeah, you'd need to get a new MOBO for it. That CPU needs Socket LGA 1155.

Don't want to get into all that... I think I'll just buy AMD FX-8350 X8 4.0GHz I need a better one and no matter what i buy of these two I will get a better one...
Yeah the FX-8350 will still allow you to play just about any game you want at full speed. There are a couple exceptions, but these games are games that are damn hard to emulate even with a top of the line Intel CPU, like Tekken Tag Tournament. Metal Gear Solid and Shadow of the Colossus are some of the heaviest games to emulate, and I saw a guy get full speed on them with a stock FX-8350, so you should be good to go.
(08-03-2013, 05:35 PM)NarooN Wrote: Yeah the FX-8350 will still allow you to play just about any game you want at full speed. There are a couple exceptions, but these games are games that are damn hard to emulate even with a top of the line Intel CPU, like Tekken Tag Tournament. Metal Gear Solid and Shadow of the Colossus are some of the heaviest games to emulate, and I saw a guy get full speed on them with a stock FX-8350, so you should be good to go.

Ahh okay, Yeah I saw a video of Metal Gear Soild 3 and that it was probably the most heavy required game of all of them, and I also saw a video of someone playing it at full speed so the processor should be good to go... I thank you I now know completely that I will buy that processor...