Is my system capable of emulating Midnight Club 3?
Say, I'm totally new to program and emulating so I probably don't know much.
My specs are:
Intel Core i7-3632QM (2.2GHz)
8Gb of RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GT640M

Which, in my opinion, is pretty average but it's a laptop.
I can emulate and play the game just fine though, but the thing is - I'm getting very low framerate.

It's fine (~60FPS) when I'm not doing anything or... say, staring at a wall.
But whenever I move framerate will instantly drops to around 20~30 (the sound gets slower too, this is normal right?).

My question is basically that my specs are too low to emulate this properly or I'm doing something wrong?
I'm tweaked video plugin settings and such, not getting difference.
A person told me that the CPU is too slow for that also. Is there a way to work around it or I basically have to give this up?

Sponsored links

Use ee to 2 and vu to 2 and enable all speed hacks maybe it works 4 u. And if they nt help roll back to defult..

And use native resolution.
racing games in general are quite intensive. make sure you are in high performance mode for power management. your low clock speed may not be enough though.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I've set it to native resolution at first though.
But as said, I've suspected that the CPU speed is too low.

My guess is that should be the case.
Guess I'll give up on this one, or... play in slow motion if I can bear it.
(05-21-2013, 08:43 PM)KumiDen Wrote: I've set it to native resolution at first though.
But as said, I've suspected that the CPU speed is too low.

My guess is that should be the case.
Guess I'll give up on this one, or... play in slow motion if I can bear it.

Running this on a i5 quad with 2.6ghz normal, but my GFX is still the main bottleneck for this game (ATI HD4890). If yours is stronger, you should be able to get more than the ~30 frames when the car's moving. Give it a try Smile
Well as I mentioned, I'm pretty new to the program.
I'm supposed to swap the GPU to the external one since it's a laptop.

But thing is I don't know how and where I can set that up.
I've pretty much looked through every single configs available but I don't know which one does it.

Mind telling me where I have to go?
The i7 3632QM can reach 2.9 GHz with all 4 cores active with turbo. 2.2GHz is just its base clock rate.

Also which version of pcsx2 are you using? If your using the 1.0.0 stable release, I suggest updating to a newe svn found HERE. You will then find a drop box in your gsdx settings that will allow you to choose which gpu to use, which in this case should be between your dedicated GeForce 640m and the integrated HD 4000.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
Try the speed hacks what i tell u ..they can slightly increse fps..