Is owning a PS2 recommended for using PCSX2?
(11-13-2013, 08:40 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: What about a drop of hotglue on the part that is suposed to press the button and then wait it to solidify ? next time I play on my slim, I'll check if its worn off.

That could work, anything that holds it down, just make sure it doesn't interfere with the dvd that's inserted
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(11-13-2013, 08:40 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: What about a drop of hotglue on the part that is suposed to press the button and then wait it to solidify ? next time I play on my slim, I'll check if its worn off.

Though I think it could have something to do with the button itself. 3 years ago I noticed that the open button was "stiff" and didnt recover properly but if I waited few seconds (keeping the lid down) it eventualy recovered and kept the lid closed. Later on when it got worse I had to aid the button with my nail by shifting it to right so it locked faster.

I actualy own phat PS2 too because these two PS2's are in different locations. I always treated them as extremely fragile pieces of technology so ofcourse I had to have two so I wouldnt have to move the other Happy

I havent really messed around with the sensors so I dont know/remember but last time I watched a tutorial, I swear that the guide showed how to block 3 sensors inside PS2 slim. Dunno if they are all essential for the disc swap or not.

You have a SCPH-9000x model, right? I notice these errors on mine as well.
This last series is an awesome PS2 (just 11 watts power in 3D!) but it's built very flimsy.
I fixed my cover closed sensor (same problem as yours) by melting the plastic a bit with a soldering iron, then drawing it out a little.
Super glue that doesn't eat into the plastic might also work.
I also have the eject button problem and I'm not sure what to do there to make it work nicer again.
Right now I have to slam the lid down a couple times, until the mechanism looses up enough to grab the lid hook ><
Back on the point we were talking about earlier, about how many people do this the illegal way. Well, I was helping the guy in the dump bios thread he made and I noticed this:

"PS2dumperV2_bin.7z (Size: 287,96 KB / Downloads: 461688)"

in This thread

That's quite a lot of folks at least trying to do it the legal way!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yep, people shouting everyone is illegal just have confirmation bias Tongue2
Does it even illegal when you got the ps2, but afraid of dumping own bios from it? Guess no.
It's not illegal.

This thread is also super old, next time please make your own thread instead of bumping a really old one. Thanks.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-08-2016, 05:39 PM)refraction Wrote: It's not illegal.
I got the idea he meant downloading a bios because he's afraid of dumping it from his own PS2. Which I don't believe is considered not illegal.
Yeah it's not legal that way, just like it's not legal to download games you own.

When you make an image of your disc, or dump the BIOS, legally you are making a backup copy of the software. In most countries, you have a legal right to do that. In order for the backup to remain legal, you must remain in possession of the original even if it becomes broken. That's pretty much the situation in a nutshell.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD