Is owning a PS2 recommended for using PCSX2?
Lol...are people still keeping up this pretence that anything other 99.95% of people who use PCSX2 didn't just Google their way to obtaining a PS2 BIOS?

..seriously, enough.
System:

Fractal Meshify C Dark Tint
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
Intel i9 9900K (5Ghz 1.335vlts)
BeQuiet Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler
32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 DDR4
EVGA RTX 2080
512Gb Gigabyte NVMe SSD (Boot Drive)
1Tb Crucial NVMe SSD (Games)
2Tb Seagate HD (Steam)
3Tb Seagate HD (Media)
6Tb Seagate HD (Backup, External)
Corsair 850w RMX Gold PSU

Sponsored links

(11-07-2013, 01:29 PM)ThEoUtCaSt Wrote: Lol...are people still keeping up this pretence that anything other 99.95% of people who use PCSX2 didn't just Google their way to obtaining a PS2 BIOS?

..seriously, enough.
I guess the "preventing legal issues" is a concept you're unable to unserstand.
People do what they want. As long as we dont know what you've done, we dont care and we're safe. If they come here and just show they did something illegal, we cant say "we dont know"
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ohhh refract you are now doing something illegal, hacking/modding consoles is illegal you know muhahaha Tongue hahaha
(11-07-2013, 01:29 PM)ThEoUtCaSt Wrote: Lol...are people still keeping up this pretence that anything other 99.95% of people who use PCSX2 didn't just Google their way to obtaining a PS2 BIOS?

..seriously, enough.

If you were actually forced to prove you had legitimately acquired a PS2 bios and the games you want to play before being able to use an account, PCSX2 would probably still be an infant project. Tongue
(11-07-2013, 02:17 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: ohhh refract you are now doing something illegal, hacking/modding consoles is illegal you know muhahaha Tongue hahaha

not so sure about this. Since he lives in UK.
I remember modding my Xbox 10 years ago when I was living in Scotland since it was illegal in France Tongue2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
modding a console is not illegal by US law (just a point to prove)
I don't think modding is illegal here, but selling the mods is illegal. Once you own the console you can do whatever the hell you want to it.

OFC i don't go online with it because sony wouldn't like that ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

..seriously, enough.

And I guess I'm in that .05% that really did a dump of my own bios.

Seriously. You might be surprised by how many people did it the legal way.

(11-06-2013, 10:44 AM)Saiki Wrote: if you have a hacked PS3 you can, just like you can get a PSX bios (however heavily modified) from a PSP. (I don't have a hacked PS3, or I'd do it myself) I'm willing to bet you can get a PSX bios from a PS2 as well

I think I've said this elsewhere but the contents of the main PS2 bios, the first 512KB is the "PS compatible bios" however, it is missing the memory card browser and CD player and doesn't work with emulators. See this hex editor shot:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Many legit BIOS dumps here, from as many legit consoles Smile
I managed to fetch 7x fat consoles for 20EUR the other day. They were advertised
as "for parts" so I kinda rescued them. Except for the drives they all work just fine Smile
(There's so far one GH-006 and one GH-007 boards in there, these are ancient!)
(11-07-2013, 08:14 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I think I've said this elsewhere but the contents of the main PS2 bios, the first 512KB is the "PS compatible bios" however, it is missing the memory card browser and CD player and doesn't work with emulators. See this hex editor shot:
It's a paste to the PSP then, but it does work with emulators, just not ones that need those features