Is the software renderer not being worked on anymore?
I noticed Gabest hasn't been around for a while. Is he still with the team? I really wish the shadows for the Jak and Ratchet games worked on the software renderer.

Sponsored links

Patient is the only way, coz it's not that easy Smile. I guess the only hope is gregory , he is the most often team who commit to svn. Smile
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
Gabest last post was late June of this year. I'm pretty sure he(?) is still around. Real life does have to come first though.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(08-09-2013, 12:44 PM)billyash Wrote: Patient is the only way, coz it's not that easy Smile. I guess the only hope is gregory , he is the most often team who commit to svn. Smile

Afaik, gregory is more into linux port & zzogl...
I may be weong, but i dont think he's about to improve gsdx software mode.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-09-2013, 10:21 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: I noticed Gabest hasn't been around for a while. Is he still with the team? I really wish the shadows for the Jak and Ratchet games worked on the software renderer.

I found a fix for jak and daxter, look up jak and daxter eyes fix in the forums.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm not talking about the eyes. The eyes are fine in software mode, it's the shadows that are messed up. Same goes for the Ratchet games.
(08-09-2013, 10:21 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: I noticed Gabest hasn't been around for a while.

A month is a while?

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=5694

Remember this is a project of volunteers, they work on what they want, when they want, for however long they want. As for the shadows, are we even sure it's a renderer issue?
[Image: 2748844.png]
^Yeah to that - If it's broken in both hardware and software modes it can as well be a pcsx2 bug;3, quite possible that shadows are working fine in software mode(who knows, maybe even in hw as wellTongue), just are rendered under other graphics. It's actually quite common for floating point values to differ by very small amounts between emulator and original console since they actually aren't exactly same on pc and ps2 and I guess emulator cannot really translate them perfectly, hopefully most games don't really care about perfection through hence such bugs aren't too common and for most which does we already have some possible solutions.

Generally rounding and clamping modes would be first thing to try for such issues and if they doesn't help, well while fixing it properly might be from very hard to impossible ~ a blind search with cheat engine or similar memory editor through float values can result with a simple pnach file fix. For people not knowing how to do that I recommend reading some WS guide(s) with small change that you'll be seeking values that when changed shows shadows instead of changing proportions.