Is there a conditional code that compares a single byte with some number?
I am trying to make an "automatic sonic blade" cheat for Kingdom Hearts Re Chain of Memories (USA).

If this cheat is enabled then the cheater won't need to press the triangle button seven times to perform a full "sonic blade" sleight because the cheat automatically presses the triangle button for the cheater.

With Cheat Engine 7.3 I have found the address of the byte that tells the player when to press the triangle button to hit his opponent one more time.

When the player has to press the triangle button the value of the byte is 1 and 0 otherwise.

I already know how to use the 0 code to change the value of a single byte at some address and I know how to use this 0 code to press the triangle button but I need a code that checks whether or not that byte is 1 because the triangle button has to be pressed only when that byte is 1.

I did many google searches and I found that the D code can compare halfword/short (two bytes) with some number and execute the below code only if the condition is satisfied but the D code compares two bytes but I need to compare only one byte not two.

I have already tried the D code already and this makes my "automatic sonic blade" cheat works sometimes only but I want my "automatic sonic blade" cheat to work always but not sometimes.

I tried to find a code that compares a single byte (not two bytes) but I did not find it yet.

Most results are threads asking for help about how to cheat with pcsx2 and guides that teach how to cheat with pcsx2 but I don't need these guides because I already know how to cheat with pcsx2.

I want to know if the code that I am looking for does exist at all because there is already code that writes a single byte that is 0 and the code that writes two bytes is 1 and 2 is for four bytes

Shame that I need one byte comparison and not four bytes comparison because if that was four bytes comparison and not one byte comparison then I could simply repeat the D code twice to compare four bytes, the first D code for the first two bytes and the second D code for the last two bytes.

Shame that I don't find a workaround to compare a single byte with the D code because there is no such a thing like an half D code!

Sponsored links

8-bit Equal
08xxxxxx 000000zz
Only when the value at the address specified by xxxxxx is equal to the value specified by zz will the next line of code be executed.

But pcsx2 probably don't support that code type(not tested)
https://sites.google.com/site/ps2hacking...2-Commands
Okay thanks Smile that's all I want to find out
"Okay thanks Smile that's all I want to find out"

northwstke You are not the person who asks this question but me PCSXER

And vsub how do you know this?

I did not find that 08 8-bit equal code after dozens of google searches.

This is shame that google doesn't give me any link to a website that lists all code types that pcsx2 pnach supports even if my search is "pcsx2 pnach"

And this is hard to believe that pcsx2 pnach doesn't support any code type even on version 1.6.0
"ps2 code types" - first result
You are searching for PS2 not pcsx2
And pcsx2 does support few code types but not all
(06-07-2022, 04:02 PM)northwestke Wrote: Okay thanks Smile that's all I want to find out

(06-08-2022, 04:07 PM)vsub Wrote: "ps2 code types" - first result
You are searching for PS2 not pcsx2
And pcsx2 does support few code types but not all

Quote:pcsx2 does support few code types but not all

Is this still true even in version 1.6.0!?

EDIT:

It appears that yes because I tried the 08 8 bit equal code of ARMax and it does not working at all.
Looks like 08 is still not implemented in pcsx2 yet

If that so then what am I gonna do now!?

It looks like that the cheat I want to make is impossible on version 1.6.0 of pcsx2! Sad

I have to wait for a newer version of pcsx2 greater than 1.6.0 that does implement this 08 code to make my cheat working!