Is there a correct way to update SVN?
Is there a correct way to update svn using tortoiseSVN? All I do is: right click on folder> tortoise SVN> update to revision... (type revision number) > update depth=fully recursive and omit externals unchecked > and then I hit OK, as I always do. Is that wrong?

I was having problems with r578 and I recompiled from a fresh updated svn folder, and strangelly it works. That's the reason I'm asking 'cos I always did this same way with all my builds (pcsx2, pcsx2pg, dolphin and others) and never had a problem.

Sorry for my bad english.

Sponsored links

As long as you are not modifying any files then what you are doing looks correct. You might want to try "Rebuild Solution" in visual studio after an update if you are encountering any problems. Sometimes Visual Studio won't detect that a source file has changed and won't recompile the object code unless you do a clean or rebuild.
Rebuild is o'k, but proper way -- clean solution. Do it often, exceptionally when downgraded.
Thanks very much for the replys. I usually rebuild the solutions, but it seems I have to clean it often so. I didn't know that, so thanks for the info.

all you have to do if you have tortoiseSVN is right click on the folder and select "SVN update"
then that automatically updates you to the latest revision.

and yes, you should "Clean Solution" before you select "Build Solution" in order to do a fresh compile.
Thanks, cottonvibes. When I want to update to the latest version, thats what I usually do: right click> SVN update. But sometimes I need to compile older versions. But I didn't know about the "Clean Solution" stuff. So thanks for the info Wink