Is there a good way to quit this emulator while it runs a game?
I hope I'm not missing something really obvious here, apologies in advance if so but I can't see how to do this. If I quit the PCSX2 app the game appears to freeze and the pinwheel of death appears but the game never quits. Likewise if I quit the x11 application the game seems to just ignore that altogether and carries on working for some time before freezing and once again causing the pinwheel of death to replace the cursor.

The only way I've found to successfully actually quit is to force quit the x11 application and wait about 1-2 minutes for it to finally quit. I wondered if the original attempt at quitting might also work if I was as patient as when I'd force quit but I left for some time and it didn't change from it's frozen state. Is there a better way?

Sponsored links

When running game press "esc" to return to the pcsx2 menu.
From there, click on the "File" drop-down menu and click "Exit"
After that, x11 should close on its own (cmd+Q or X11>quit).
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
(11-07-2011, 06:53 AM)flurgle Wrote: When running game press "esc" to return to the pcsx2 menu.
From there, click on the "File" drop-down menu and click "Exit"
After that, x11 should close on its own (cmd+Q or X11>quit).

Awesome thanks. Is there a document with all these commands somewhere?
I don't think so, but some of the graphics settings can be changed in-game if you hold down the "fn" key and press the f buttons (like Anti-aliasing) and these are shown next to the options in the pcsx2 config.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3