Is there a list with consistently performing games?
Like FFX? That "playable" status is cute and all, but doesn't really help when "playable" means you're going to crawl through (portions of) the game slower than a snail on morphine at 10 FPS regardless of your computer's performance.

Wild Arms 3/ACF are a fine example: I can get well over 200 FPS during most of the game, but when I enter a menu or there's a lot of text on the screen, it grinds down to 18.

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...strong+cpu
Hmm thanks.. but not exactly what I'm looking for because I can run other heavier games just fine.

Except of course those where the cause of the slowdowns doesn't seem to be tied to processing power, like the text display in the Wild Arms games or Tales of Symphonia. Is the cause of that already known? Font rendering oddities, maybe?
Maybe with enable allow8bit texture at gsdx plugin setting can help bit.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(08-26-2011, 01:49 AM)Sign up! Register!!1 Wrote: ... I can run other heavier games just fine.

Except of course those where the cause of the slowdowns doesn't seem to be tied to processing power ...

Are you trying to say that you think your CPU couldn't be the cause of your slow-downs...? Blink

What do the EE% and GS% read when it runs slow?
(08-26-2011, 03:24 AM)Register Wrote: Maybe with enable allow8bit texture at gsdx plugin setting can help bit.

in FFX? No!. 8bit textures shader is a performance killer in ffx.
(08-26-2011, 04:31 AM)Rezard Wrote: Are you trying to say that you think your CPU couldn't be the cause of your slow-downs...? Blink

What do the EE% and GS% read when it runs slow?

Of course not. But most of the times it doesn't seem to be the hardware. CPU load is the first thing I look at if things go slow. For example, when running WA3, I drop down to ~30 FPS the moment I enter the item menu, but the load doesn't change (usually hovers around: EE ~35%, GS ~30%, VU ~20%). Things seem to have improved in the latest build I got on emucr, but the issue isn't completely gone.

I also experience some sort of "line shifting" in some games when moving, any idea what causes that?

Here's an extreme case:
[Image: EQW3W.jpg]
does not happen to me. see attachment
better stay away from the EmuCR builds
best to get the Automated SVN builds or r4600(0.9.8)
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel