Is there a pain free way to dump the BIOS?
Hi,

I'm getting ready to mothball the old PS2, and wanted to dump my bios because I have a few games I would still like to play. I tried downloading the BIOS dump tool from this website, which sounded really easy, but I apparently need a modded ps2 to do this. I saw another tutorial about dumping it over LAN, but I seem to need a PS1 disc to do this (which I don't have). So, is there anyway to do this quick and easy, or am I stuck? I'm trying to keep this as above board as possible, so I haven't looked online for any bioses. Sorry if this is in the wrong area. Thanks for any help, it is very appreciated.

Sponsored links

if you want to try the PS1 disc way, you should be able to pick up a really crap game for next to nothing, any game will do. its either that or use swap magic, which costs a lot more than a ps1 game would.

Its very difficult to do anything without spending some money im afraid, swap tricks are the cheapest and easiest way.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

well then,why such pain!
*removed*
But the problem is,THIS METHOD IS PROHIBITED.use it for own risk.
...as you said yourself that is illegal and we will not give any instructions for doing it. Post edited
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-25-2009, 05:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: ...as you said yourself that is illegal and we will not give any instructions for doing it. Post edited

are khatas, illegal karo karo kase legal.sagol konkhankar.
(06-25-2009, 06:01 PM)PPN Wrote:
(06-25-2009, 05:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: ...as you said yourself that is illegal and we will not give any instructions for doing it. Post edited

right thats it, im giving you a warning, your entire post history has been either against rules or rediculous, yet you have gotten away with it. I can even list it.

Post 1: Posted a method of getting the BIOS which we do not allow
Post 2: A completely made up request for a new emulator (presumably for psp) which we hadnt even mentioned making before, in the wrong section as well.
Post 3: Complete gibberish in an obvious attempt to annoy us.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-25-2009, 06:01 PM)PPN Wrote:

Someone's having a mental breakdown.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
Whatever you said,you obviously know it is against the rules to post in other languages. Also,it seems this is a duplicate account with this one: http://forums.pcsx2.net/user-9742.html
Banned.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-25-2009, 06:07 PM)Bositman Wrote: Whatever you said,you obviously know it is against the rules to post in other languages. Also,it seems this is a duplicate account with this one: http://forums.pcsx2.net/user-9742.html
Banned.

well then,I would like to say you that I am connected with a
network of over 1000 users.none of us have real ip.If other does
a crime that does not mean to do of mine.
and i will inform my isp of this problem.
(06-25-2009, 06:26 PM)rumman06 Wrote:
(06-25-2009, 06:07 PM)Bositman Wrote: Whatever you said,you obviously know it is against the rules to post in other languages. Also,it seems this is a duplicate account with this one: http://forums.pcsx2.net/user-9742.html
Banned.

well then,I would like to say you that I am connected with a
network of over 1000 users.none of us have real ip.If other does
a crime that does not mean to do of mine.
and i will inform my isp of this problem.

Well, you're unable to speak English correctly, which would make sense with banned boy speaking a different language.

Funny you pop into the thread when mentioned..
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.