Is there a possible way to get pcsx2 to work with a wiimote?
Hi, I'm planning to play some on rail shooters on the pcsx2 emulators and I honestly don't think its fun to use a mouse for those type of games compared to a wiimote/light gun. Is there anyway for me to configure pcsx2 to use my wiimote in any way?

OS is windows 10 if that is important

Sponsored links

For lightgun purposes, there is a custom plugin floating around somewhere, I think it's called nuvee or something like that? But that's about all I know. The Wiimotes used IR for the pointer (the sensor bar had two IR lights in it) so it might not even work at all, if you're trying to use the pointer.

Otherwise, Wiimotes are neither Dinput or Xinput compliant so unlike Xbox 360 controllers which can have bindings set up manually with little to no effort or Xbox One controllers which are already bound and usable out of the box with PCSX2, you'll need some kind of adapter software like vJoy to convert raw signals from the Wiimote to either keystrokes or one of the two gamepad standards, Dinput and Xinput.
(04-03-2019, 12:59 PM)pandubz Wrote: For lightgun purposes, there is a custom plugin floating around somewhere, I think it's called nuvee or something like that? But that's about all I know. The Wiimotes used IR for the pointer (the sensor bar had two IR lights in it) so it might not even work at all, if you're trying to use the pointer.

Otherwise, Wiimotes are neither Dinput or Xinput compliant so unlike Xbox 360 controllers which can have bindings set up manually with little to no effort or Xbox One controllers which are already bound and usable out of the box with PCSX2, you'll need some kind of adapter software like vJoy to convert raw signals from the Wiimote to either keystrokes or one of the two gamepad standards, Dinput and Xinput.

Hmm, is there possibly a working program besides vjoy that can have my wiimote act as a mouse or keyboard?
Iirc bluesoleil could help in this. But I never tested
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-03-2019, 11:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Iirc bluesoleil could help in this. But I never tested

Is the program free? or do i have to pay for it..So far it looks like I have to pay for it
(04-03-2019, 12:59 PM)pandubz Wrote: For lightgun purposes, there is a custom plugin floating around somewhere, I think it's called nuvee or something like that? But that's about all I know. The Wiimotes used IR for the pointer (the sensor bar had two IR lights in it) so it might not even work at all, if you're trying to use the pointer.

(04-03-2019, 11:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Iirc bluesoleil could help in this. But I never tested

So using bluesoleil + ledner's glovepie script in glovepie, I was able to use the wiimote as my mouse but is there any way to make it so that you can use the wiimote "movements" as the mouse movements? Considering that you can only move the mouse via the b button.