Is there any chance that we can get Neo Contra working soon?
First post and it's a request thread. I apologize. I browsed and I didn't see a sticky thread regarding requests. I think I registered here a million years ago but I can't remember under what username or former email address. Plus I haven't been keeping up to date with PCSX2 in a very long time. But now that I have a rig that can handle PCSX2 I thought I'd ask.

Any idea when a fix for Neo Contra may be coming? It seems to be an issue with the sound driver (though I'm not a programmer but the error messages seem to imply it). It really sucks because it's one of the more interesting Contra titles and is quite a bit better than Shattered Soldier. 

Had a blast playing God Hand on PCSX2, my thank you to the developers for all of their hard work.

Sponsored links

I didn't know there was a sound issue in Neo Contra? I knew there was a problem with the IPU unit which there is a patch for already.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-20-2015, 04:41 PM)refraction Wrote: I didn't know there was a sound issue in Neo Contra? I knew there was a problem with the IPU unit which there is a patch for already.

I'm not a programmer. I just took a guess. It seemed to always crash when a big explosion happened. Can you link me the patch? Thanks.
The patch is already included with the emulator, as long as you have "Audomatic Gamefixes" enabled under the System menu it should be in force.

If it is crashing on sound, make sure you aren't using XAudio2 and see if it still crashes.

Automatic Game Fixes are checked by default. And it's not using XAudio2. And video plugin is Direct3D11 (Hardware). Game just randomly locks up but the music continues playing. This is the error message I got:

[Image: vYCC61r.png]
Are you using any speedhacks or manual gamefixes?

(08-20-2015, 05:10 PM)refraction Wrote: Are you using any speedhacks or manual gamefixes?

Turned off speedhacks and manual gamefixes are turned off. Same issue.
Hmm strange :/ could be an outstanding issue then still Sad what version of PCSX2 are you using?

Version 1.2.1.R5873
(08-20-2015, 05:48 PM)BrunoMattei Wrote: Version 1.2.1.R5873

maybe try the latest dev build from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction