Is there any chance to compile PCSX2 for Android to play?
Question 
In connection with the latest news

Sponsored links

You can't just "compile" it per se. All of the major components would have to be rewritten in the ARM architechture to be compatible. We don't have enough development staff to pursue it at this time.
(01-13-2018, 04:57 PM)CK1 Wrote: You can't just "compile" it per se. All of the major components would have to be rewritten in the ARM architechture to be compatible. We don't have enough development staff to pursue it at this time.

I do not think that the offenders have done a great job of porting PCSX2 to Android. Or they have made?
(01-13-2018, 05:58 PM)Player Wrote: I do not think that the offenders have done a great job of porting PCSX2 to Android. Or they have made?

It's pretty much a hack-job. It's currently less compatible than PCSX2.
not much hack but straight porting and getting identical results. i'd think the hardest feature is the neon vu performance and mtvu. does this emu run dmc in 60 fps? pcsx2 does it now on my low end. sorta 'equal' to phone but laptop performance. it worked even on the known 'fps drop zones'. after iterations again, i tested it yesterday. Biggrin

i got 18.6 gig worth of tiers for all sorts of basic and advanced implementation details. but... no phone. nor is this nothing jailbroken. Laugh
Alot of games don't boot at all iirc.
okay. then it's still early wip? a rip off in terms of what you can get. mmh.

anything more advanced that actually runs at full speed or atleast playable?
(01-13-2018, 08:05 PM)dabore Wrote: okay. then it's still early wip? a rip off in terms of what you can get. mmh.

anything more advanced that actually runs at full speed or atleast playable?

Everything runs like trash AFAIK.
There is already Play! PS2 emulator and its working. It runs some games, gives visual output. If we stay with it at 1x scaling, then we just need to add code to optimize and increase compatibility. More work would be to adding Ogl 3.x hardware accelerated backend but it would increase FPS dramatically. Sorry i have to say but i cannot believe almost noone joined to play! team to work on core part of emu. Its that either ps2 architecture so bad to work with indeed, or other emu is baked to commercialize the scene. Pity that Damonps2 did this already in such bad way.

Just checked:
there are 58 games with -in-game status on windows, 61 in-game for android,
It can be compiled for iox and linux.

The main frame of emulator is ready, why on earth anybody just look and add some code (i do not mean pcsx2 coders here). Does emulation nowadays must be done on patreons only?
(01-13-2018, 08:19 PM)CK1 Wrote: Everything runs like trash AFAIK.

yeh. i sampled some youtube videos, running on a nvshield tegra. kingdom hearts looks a glitch mess. but Ohmy dmc and dmc2 and some god of war seem to work surprisingly well. dmc got sorta impressive '40 fps' (which - from 'experience' - i may or may not call fake fps tho, been a while i played in slomo) stable. and it seems to run vu multi-threaded. ee is pegged doing a bunch of math. that is what includes all the vu0 and iop and audio and stuff. dmc2 pushes 60 fps, runs at playable speed at ~40 fps (odd) until you hit the enemies.

for the heck of it. reading specs, the Nswitch on android os could potentially run it.