Is there any chance to compile PCSX2 for Android to play?
You can't. At the very least, all GUI components need to rebuild from scratch to work with Android environment. Android programs use the concept of activities instead of windows. The control flow of the program is totally different.

Some C libraries like SQLite can be directly recompiled and work on Android. For the core component of PCSX2, I don't know. If it uses any special features only available on x68, then it is not possible.

Sponsored links

It isn't a small jobs but huge parts of the code is compatible with android. Audio and pad are based on SDL. Gsdx used to have an openGLES renderer (I removed it because Vulkan will be better solution). Biggest issue remain the recompilers and the GUI.

All speed optimizations are also compatible. Even sse code is based mostly on compiler intrinsic so you need to recompile it to generate neon code.

Speed wise, I think they just run with various speed hack enabled by default. So it seems fast enough but compatibility is likely poor.
(01-14-2018, 10:42 AM)gregory Wrote: It isn't a small jobs but huge parts of the code is compatible with android. Audio and pad are based on SDL. Gsdx used to have an openGLES renderer (I removed it because Vulkan will be better solution). Biggest issue remain the recompilers and the GUI.

All speed optimizations are also compatible. Even sse code is based mostly on compiler intrinsic so you need to recompile it to generate neon code.

Speed wise, I think they just run with various speed hack enabled by default. So it seems fast enough but compatibility is likely poor.

I've heard that starting to write something for PCSX2 is very tricky, even to understand its code, so only old developers work on the project. It turns out that this is not so, in this case it becomes even a little offensive that such a project is of little interest to anyone, even without hiring first-class programmers
We are victim of bad mouthing. You know I'm working in the hardware industry, my SW knowledge was a couple of tutorials, yet I managed to fix tons of gsdx bugs (and plenty of others stuff). Reality, everybody can contribute. Sure it is harder than a tuto on the net. Bit it is doable if you have the willingness
anyone else find it funny they tried to DMCA them for some copywrite when sony tried to do the same to pcsx2

They bothered to try to get it on the playstore, i think they should have consolidated forces and made it work,
(01-20-2018, 01:09 AM)El Diablo Wrote: anyone else find it funny they tried to DMCA them for some copywrite when sony tried to do the same to pcsx2

They bothered to try to get it on the playstore, i think they should have consolidated forces and made it work,

Who exactly is "they" referring to? Also, not sure where you heard that info from.
(01-20-2018, 01:09 AM)El Diablo Wrote: anyone else find it funny they tried to DMCA them for some copywrite when sony tried to do the same to pcsx2

Where did you get that information? Sony has never DMCA'd us.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]