Is there any way for my pc to force Cpu to 100%
Is there anyway so that when I use PCSX2 that my computer uses all its power on it. Sometimes I get about 50% what about 100%. Or do I just not know what Im talking about.
Also I always thought that 30 fps should run fine. Like when I play online its fine at 30 fps but for this the game itself is slowed down

Sponsored links

You will probably need good cooling or your cpu would fry and it might ***** up your machine if you dedicate every last bit to just your game.
PCSX2 will use the most of your cpu it can,don't worry about that. You probably see low cpu % usage in task manager because you have a quad core,so since PCSX2 uses only 2 cores,you get like 50% usage
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Time in PC games run independently of frame rate, because they know different PCs will give different framerates, and they want the game to run at the same "speed".

As for PS2, they rely on frame rate to keep time, since they know all PS2s are identical, and will give the same framerate (60 or 50).
(04-06-2009, 12:20 AM)Bositman Wrote: PCSX2 will use the most of your cpu it can,don't worry about that. You probably see low cpu % usage in task manager because you have a quad core,so since PCSX2 uses only 2 cores,you get like 50% usage

I think I have duel core. Or does that change nothing?
where are you reading the cpu usage? if its from the top of the gsdx window, you want that value as low as possible. PCSX2 will ALWAYS attempt to use all processing power available. If you are reading it from the task manager, just make sure you have MTGS enabled in your config.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-06-2009, 12:50 AM)refraction Wrote: where are you reading the cpu usage? if its from the top of the gsdx window, you want that value as low as possible. PCSX2 will ALWAYS attempt to use all processing power available. If you are reading it from the task manager, just make sure you have MTGS enabled in your config.

From the game window
pcsx2 uses everything your PC has to offer, and if you want to be absolutely sure, check your power settings in control panel

edit: "Power Options"
The game window reports CPU % usage of the GS thread,meaning if it is high it means your graphics card can't take the load. If it's low it is good. For the real CPU % usage of PCSx2,run windows task manager and go into the performance tab
[Image: newsig.jpg]