Is there any way to add silent hill 3 to the autofix list to use software for FMVs?
the FMVs only play in software mode for silent hill 3 so I have to enable manual game fixes to switch to software mode whenever a FMV plays for every game. I would like to not have to use manual game fixes and just use auto game fixes.

Sponsored links

you can add it by yourself to the gameindex.dbf to change the behavior locally.
Or you make a pull request on git to change it for everyone.

(But why would you like to manually change the gameindex.dbf but not manually enable automatic switching...?)
Rama mentioned that the swtch to software hack isn't stable yet to be used as automatic game fix.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
because manually enable automatic switching does it for all titles when it's not required. Apparently only silent hill 3 has issues with HW fmv playback
that's not true, many games have issues with HW FMV playback. by the way, the hack is per game configurable not for all the games in the DB.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(07-18-2015, 09:08 PM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: Apparently only silent hill 3 has issues with HW fmv playback

Silent Hill 2 has it too. Kingdom Hearts Re: CoM as well. Just to name 2 examples of the many.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(07-14-2015, 01:48 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: the FMVs only play in software mode for silent hill 3 so I have to enable manual game fixes to switch to software mode whenever a FMV plays for every game. I would like to not have to use manual game fixes and just use auto game fixes.

1.Start the game and look in the console for [S***-*****]
2.Open GameIndex.dbf with your text editor and search for that above(without the brackets)
3.Once you find it,add
FMVinSoftwareHack = 1
somewhere there(before the ---------- ),save and you are done.

From now on the game will switch to SW mode before starting a fmv
^

Yep, that's quite a neat solution for having it as a automatic gamefix so you wouldn't need to select manual gamefixes at all. Smile
- Refraction