Is there any way to get rid of white lines other than using native res?
We all know the white lines graphics glitch appearing on 2D texture when using high resolution. Usually I don't care 'bout it. My GPU is weak and I never use anything higher than 2x, so the white line is short, thin, and blurry. But today when I use 16x MSAA, these white lines become extremely annoying.

Is there any way to get rid of them other than using native res?

Sponsored links

The Wildarms offset hack, Half pixel offset hack and the sprite hack all help with these cases. Not always but I've found quite a few games being fixed by the wild arms offset hack at second state
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I have tried each and many combinations of them but none helps in FFX. 2x native without anti-aliasing does not look good, but I guess I have to choose between MSAA and those white lines.
Yeah it doesn't work everywhere Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-13-2012, 12:56 PM)Livy Wrote: I have tried each and many combinations of them but none helps in FFX. 2x native without anti-aliasing does not look good, but I guess I have to choose between MSAA and those white lines.

As was said before the WildArms hack in secondary position has helped me with this issue in the past, but that is only the scaling part that it helps, it never seems to resolve the lines that are brought on by MSAA/forced full texture filtering.

I would recommend scaling graphics as high as you can with no anti-alaising and perhaps trying the FXAA implementation in PCSX2 by hitting [PGUP]
PS StartMy PS2 Emulation Station: AMD Phenom 2 B55 x4 @3.6 Ghz|Nvidia Geforce GTX 480|4GB G-skill DDR3-1600 Ram|ASUS M5A99X-Evo Motherboard|BenQ XL2420T 120hz Monitor|Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
PS StartControls: PS3 Controllers Via Bluetooth w/MotioninJoy! | Hori Real Arcade Pro VX-SA Arcade Stick
2x Native + FXAA already good enough for me... Smile
How to control FXAA instead of using hotkey? I do not want to press a key and let it do it work silently in the background.
Shouldn't it stay enabled? The log file will display whether it's on or off.

To be honest, FXAA makes the other antialiasing methods redundant in my humble opinion.
You can add
Code:
fxaa=1
to your GSdx.ini, there's at least one game which will not boot with fxaa if you use custom internal res(DBZ:Infinite World - boots fine with multiplied native;]), soo if you ever will find a game that doesn't boot keep that in mind:3.
(08-15-2012, 06:01 AM)Ambient_Malice Wrote: Shouldn't it stay enabled? The log file will display whether it's on or off.

To be honest, FXAA makes the other antialiasing methods redundant in my humble opinion.

eye test please