Is there any way we can make a move towards greater accuracy
(07-23-2015, 02:03 AM)Ge-Force Wrote: Speaking of GameDB fixes, I've had a quick scroll though and noticed that a number of games have skip fmv hacks as explicit patches, does the generic skip Mpeg hack not work for these games? do they still need the patch?

Could be old stuff, could be some that still do.

Prolly mixture of both.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(07-22-2015, 10:30 PM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: All the hacks in the game data base that uses the autogame fixes. If everywhere were emulated accurately we wouldn't need a database of hacks to fix the games.

As ref said, this is only true for native resolution. If you want really high accuracy in native, then just use the software mode which has almost perfect accuracy. Even if you emulated the PS2 perfectly, the upscaled games would be broken since PS2 games were not intended to be upscaled.

This is why I hate that the word "Hack" is used for everything. From poor implementation and a workaround instead of a real solution, to a major feature that people are interested in emulators because of it like upscaling.
(07-22-2015, 10:30 PM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: All the hacks in the game data base that uses the autogame fixes. If everywhere were emulated accurately we wouldn't need a database of hacks to fix the games.

some games are a little different and gamefixes are currently the only way to deal with such differences. if there was an other way of detection of such different behavior instead of using the GameDB, it might be a little cleaner.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction