Is there any workaround for Klonoa 2 crashing door?
I got past the door by playing the game in 1.0.0 version, textures in 1.0.0 are messed up in some areas but better than nothing, after completing the level since 1.0.0 save states are not compatible with 1.5.0, I copied the content of "memcard" folder and pasted on PCSX2 1.5.0, now I can progress normally.
But please consider fixing Klonoa 2 bugs/glitches.
EDIT: The patch don't worked

Sponsored links

Information 
There is and or isn't depending on which version of PCSX2 you use. I gathered about as much data as I could figure out how to gather. Mostly on the US version because the Japanese versions acts nearly the same except for it's sound boots with less issues

I own JP and US Klonoa 2. [Image: e1d2435e4c1b6b16c8d307b57978b89d.jpg][Image: 11d58ecef81a9c339e156170954816ce.jpg]
If you use a very recent git pcsx2 1.5.0 -dev- 1716 in particular and re add the old IPU patch linked from the pcsx2 wiki then Klonoa 2 can be played through again. This wasn't the case a while back. I made some videos showing how Klonoa 2 behaves across a few different versions. And have a few emulogs from each version.

The settings I am using for all the tests.

Emotion Engine & IOP are both set to recompiler
EE Cache is disabled
EE/FPU advanced recompiler options
Round mode=Nearest
Clamping mode=Full

VU0 & VU1 are both set to microVU recompiler
VU0 & VU1 advanced recompiler options
Round mode=Nearest
Clamping mode=Extra + Preserve Sign

GS
No Frame skipping and roughly everything else there is default
Synchronized MTGS is disabled
All of the speedhacks are off except at the very end of one of the videos to show a texture flashing semi fix When using the IPU patch for Klonoa 2.

GDSX
I use GDSX11 in hardware mode mainly.
Allow 8bit textures=Off
"If Used" Large Framebuffer=On
Ires=2x
Texture Filtering=Bilinear(PS2)
Anisotropic Filtering=Off
"If Used" Mipmapping(Ins)=Full(Slow)
CRC Hack Level=Full(Safest)
Enable Hardware hacks=Off

SPU2-X
[Mixing Settings]
Interpolation=4 -Catmull-rom
Disable Effects Processing=Off
Use the De-Alias filter=Off
Enable Debug Options=Off
[Output Settings]
Module=Xaudio 2
Latency=3 ms
Synchronizing Mode=Async Mix
Audio Expansion mode=Stereo
Winamp DSP plugin=off

I ran the game off of a DVD drive just in case if that affected anything but aside from 4 read errors there doesn't seem to be any difference.
The 4 areas that crash the game are in "Joilant Funpark" "Volk City" Volk Inferno" "Dark Sea of Tears" There should be an attachment with my memorycard that has the game finished so you can enter any of those areas.

Anyways Here are some tests I did if that helps anything.

I test them in this order Joilant→Volk City→Volk Inferno→Dark Sea of Tears. if Any crash I just skip to the next one.

I was going to have text emu logs but my sanity didn't kick in today. So instead they are an attachment.
[Image: 573fe1a197f8630aa9b0e62295bf985b.png]

PCSX2 1.2.1-r5875
Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_J-RgVo...VH55cXESbJ

pcsx2-1.3.1-1408-g8ed56bd-windows-x86
Video https://youtu.be/jme5B_KNbpg?list=PLzi0N...VH55cXESbJ

PCSX2 1.4.0
Video https://youtu.be/udh-HMwPCSc?list=PLzi0N...VH55cXESbJ

pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1189-gc1f45da-windows-x86
Video https://youtu.be/YTuMh7cpnHs?list=PLzi0N...VH55cXESbJ
Video with IPU Patch https://youtu.be/L7Ol5k5H-BM?list=PLzi0N...VH55cXESbJ

pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1716-g0708d7c-windows-x86 most recent as of 12-19-2016
Video https://youtu.be/6sMsWLpOr7A?list=PLzi0N...VH55cXESbJ
Video with IPU Patch https://youtu.be/cM1EzQV09fQ?list=PLzi0N...VH55cXESbJ

Same Area's on Real PS2. Sorry about the slow memorycard
Video https://youtu.be/9WXUB4x6mnY?list=PLzi0N...VH55cXESbJ

Some other Minor graphics glitches and or fixes for them. If you want I can "try" to get OpenGL images but that is a gamble on my computer because I have an AMD gpu. So 5/10 times this pukes out thanks to wonderful AMD OpenGL support [Image: 5f2b7a44eaa5db17ed03d05011f7239e.png]

Forgot the name of this thing but the moving ones are supposed to be red. Software rendering fixes it but not OpenGL
GDSX11HW [Image: 6527952843b17e31d3e1aa733b3e519a.png]
GDSX11SW [Image: db8d60f072a3b13fe582493c7ccae705.png]

Likuri & Crystal does not correctly change colors Software rendering fixes it but not OpenGL
GDSX11HW [Image: 214caeebd89b6d94891a6bc83c65327a.png]
GDSx11SW [Image: 41925b12e526ae9155dfffb393a99420.png]

When using the IPU Patch none of the Fire shows up no matter what combination of GDSX modes and plugin's I use
GDSX11HW [Image: f54dafdd57f20a0fdacb81f6ccb5bda1.png]
Real PS2 [Image: 769aa7b799b61f0548050bd0e183bf25.png]

When using the IPU Patch Water in most if not all locations tends to start transparent and then slowly turn into LSD Seizure soup. Doesn't matter if SW or HW render
GDSX11HW [Image: 7b0a27925f45e6a9dd0631d6c4473284.png]
Real PS2 [Image: 502a5d7fdf9fe1993c377f9a0dc0e3e4.png]

There is a cutscene at the end of Maze of Memories that doesn't show correctly However software mode partially fixes it and OpenGL does fix it when I can get OpenGL to work.

GDSX11HW [Image: 8ce4f28f693a1b45643d731ff182435e.png]
GDSX11SW [Image: 06f62c45af081ff4a91b8dc89cbdae5e.png]
GDSX OpenGL HW [Image: f180d1d378b3329f93bd8289449cd890.png]

If needed I can try to get more images or video and such.

Attached Files
.zip   PCSX2 emulogs.zip (Size: 36,29 KB / Downloads: 209)
.zip   Mcd001 Klonoa 2 finished save.zip (Size: 4,14 MB / Downloads: 248)
So do both the JP and US regions need the IPU patch to work in recent builds? They were removed from the GameDB back in April, as they weren't needed anymore.

Also, what is the serial on your JP region copy? It should look like this "SLPS-XXXXX"
It is SLPS-73404 I got the game as a gift from a friend so I have no clue when or where it was bought. Also yeah the IPU patch is needed for both US & JP and I assume PAL as well.

The removal of the patch never fixed anything. If you want tomorrow or maybe in about 4-8 hours I can go try to find a late April build of a pcsx2 git and do the test on it that I did on the other versions.

Sorry the camera I have atm is sort of old.
[Image: 5b75e017fc087f797c70d41aee8e3890.jpg]
Quote:The removal of the patch never fixed anything

As mentioned in the pull request, the removal of the patches fixed certain crashes when entering NTSC (60Hz) video mode in the game.

I don't think it's ideal to include unstable patches like these in the GameDB, just my unsolicited opinion.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I got your memory card save, can you tell me exact crashing point? A savestate right before the crash will be useful.
Can you try this patch with latest buildbot build and report back?

Attached Files
.zip   Klonoa 2 - Lunatea's Veil[SLUS 20151] (U).zip (Size: 295 bytes / Downloads: 619)
I'll test it now. I'll go do my usual test run and post that. Then try to go through the whole game on the settings I use to actually play it and see how it goes. 

Edit: It works in all the affected area's so the whole game should be playable now from start to finish
Settings used during test.
EE Cache is disabled
Round mode=Nearest
Clamping mode=Full

Round mode=Nearest

GS
All of the speedhacks are off except at the very end of one of the videos to show a texture flashing semi fix When using the IPU patch for Klonoa 2.

GDSX
Allow 8bit textures=Off
Ires=2x
Anisotropic Filtering=Off
"If Used" Mipmapping(Ins)=Full(Slow)

SPU2-X
[Mixing Settings]
Enable Debug Options=Off
[Output Settings]
Module=Xaudio 2
Latency=3 ms
Winamp DSP plugin=off

Speed Hacks
Reduce EE cycle rate=0 (100%)
Enable INTC Spin Detection=Off
Enable Wait Loop Detection=Off
Enable Fast CDVD=Off
mVU Flag Hack=Off
MTVU Multi Threaded microVU1=Off

I used differnt settings this time but this is what I actually use when I play through the game.
EE Cache is disabled
Round mode=Nearest
Clamping mode=Full

Round mode=Nearest

GS

GDSX
Allow 8bit textures=on
Ires=4x
Anisotropic Filtering=16x
"If Used" Mipmapping(Ins)=basic(fast)

SPU2-X
[Mixing Settings]
Enable Debug Options=Off
[Output Settings]
Module=Xaudio 2
Latency=16-17ms I think the game boots audio better now or I got really lucky this time but I am not entirely sure. I have not tried booting an iso image yet.
Winamp DSP plugin=off

Speed Hacks
Reduce EE cycle rate=-1 (75% to reduce texture flickering on some places and cutscenes)
Enable INTC Spin Detection=On
Enable Wait Loop Detection=On
Enable Fast CDVD=Off
mVU Flag Hack=On
MTVU Multi Threaded microVU1=On

Video is currently processing right now 12-22-2016 12:22AM EST

Edit: 12-22-2016 1-32AM est My savestate folder is too big to upload as an attachment even when compressed. if you want I can upload it at dropbox / mega.nz I might be able to get it on google drive as well
Thank you very much for the patch ahead of time. if I happen to fall asleep soon.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog 12-21-2016 new ipu patch.txt (Size: 184,88 KB / Downloads: 462)
Don't need the savestate now as the problem is fixed.
Holy *****... the problem is fixed? Thanks everyone seriously and mostly Prafull and Vokadae, should have been really tiring playing the entire game again to test the patch!
Unfortunately I already finished the game by the beggining of December, had to switch versions from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 during Dark Sea of Tears and Ark Revisited.
Anyway, this will help anyone who wants to play this fantastic game in PCSX2 without having headaches!
Also I want to say a little suggestion, maybe implementing this patch in the next PCSX2 build or leave it in PCSX2 Wiki page will prevent people from creating more posts like mine.