Is there any workaround for Klonoa 2 crashing door?
Photo 
(12-30-2016, 12:09 AM)Zangetsu276 Wrote: Holy *****... the problem is fixed? Thanks everyone seriously and mostly Prafull and Vokadae, should have been really tiring playing the entire game again to test the patch!
Unfortunately I already finished the game by the beggining of December, had to switch versions from 1.0.0 to 1.5.0 during Dark Sea of Tears and Ark Revisited.
Anyway, this will help anyone who wants to play this fantastic game in PCSX2 without having headaches!
Also I want to say a little suggestion, maybe implementing this patch in the next PCSX2 build or leave it in PCSX2 Wiki page will prevent people from creating more posts like mine.

I'm glad I managed to help a little. I would have made my own thread but if I understood rules correctly it was better to post in an already made thread. 
Also I decided to test some more again.

There is one new minor graphics Glitch in Klonoa 2 for pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1756 and onwards. it appears in all 3 graphics backends and even in software mode. So far no amount of me fiddling around with settings seems to be able to fix it. The only thing that changes it even slightly is switching between allowing 8bit textures changes the color of it. but that doesn't seem very meaningful at least to me. 
DX11 [Image: cb1883942f8ca5c9aa82dbf0a2b5e199.png]
DX11 after allowing 8bit textures [Image: f1a1cd90c7b96e60b9fe92e8f09890e9.png]
DX9 Also black boxes can be sorta fixed with a hw hack. Also oddly so can injecting reshade after a window resize [Image: 798c371d41c74eea9b9dc9ed2abd67bf.png]
OpenGL [Image: e4fd2a9487ea595d9144155cd698d030.png]
DX11 Software mode. Is the same for the other 2 backends [Image: 85d1b481a1b9cbe3ecae88eb718dcc2b.png]

Also Nachbrenners and Prafull's volk patch are broken pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1774
I got the save states for all 4 locations that crash this time. https://www.dropbox.com/s/avzbbto7gg1r2k...6.zip?dl=0

If you want I can make another thread later or keep adding to this one. I'll likely be testing this game on and off for a long while.

Sponsored links

(01-08-2017, 10:19 PM)Vokadae Wrote: There is one new minor graphics Glitch in Klonoa 2 for pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1756 and onwards.

Are you sure on that version number? The changes there have no effect on emulation, it's just the Onscreen Display for the plugin.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-08-2017, 10:23 PM)refraction Wrote: Are you sure on that version number? The changes there have no effect on emulation, it's just the Onscreen Display for the plugin.

That was the one I first saw it on. hmm might take me a bit but I'll go download all the other ones before 1756 and after 1720 and try to find the one that the texture issue pops up on.

[Image: 8c4bd45725df75b58e523e951bd951b5.png]
Also would it be ok if I just loaded an iso of my disc at this point for testing? Having to swap my old dvd drive back and forth is becoming a hassle.
i don't understand why you haven't made an iso of it already Tongue ISO's are a preferred way of reading games, it's generally a lot faster and less stuttery.

I recommend ImgBurn for making a copy of your disc Smile

(01-08-2017, 10:47 PM)refraction Wrote: i don't understand why you haven't made an iso of it already Tongue ISO's are a preferred way of reading games, it's generally a lot faster and less stuttery.

I recommend ImgBurn for making a copy of your disc Smile

Ah I just kept to using the disc to keep the testing as legit as I could. Though iso has less weird stutter thankfully. I blame the stutter on my ancient phenom II atm :s

Anyways pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1745-g7a61dc2 is where the texture on any bubble in the game starts to get strangely discolored. closest area would be the games built in demo. or early in any new game.

pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1764-g80be9d9 is when the new and old volk ipu patches stop working and pcsx2 just crashes.

4 crash save states for the 1764 version of pcsx2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/okugev94dk9098...s.zip?dl=0
Yup, that bubble issue is definitely cluttered by 1745. The game also seems to have some other(not affected by the regression) issues that look CLUT related. Seems like a good game to remember when changing that part of the code in the future.
Curses, will note it on the commit

wish I knew more to help but I know zero coding. I do play the hell out of this game though usually if there are small changes I tend to notice. So i'll post if I find anymore glitches or crashes when new pcsx2 versions come out.

Edit:Whatever you re added on 1777 fixed the odd green texture on bubbles. So far no ipu patch for getting past volk city works atm up to 1789
pcsx2 v1.5.0-dev-1814-g21612ca Merge branch 'greg/mtvu-mtgs-lockless' and onwards to build 1817. Both Prafull's and Nachbrenner's Volk crash / IPU patches work again Laugh

Sorry for the double post but I figured knowing just which build the ipu patches work again on would be somewhat helpful.
Smile 
I forgot to mention the both IPU patches has been broken since build 1875. However. Ever since that vsync change on build 2155 the Ipu Patches are working again  Smile
So far it works all the way up to build 2175 as of the day I posted this.
Anyways thanks of patch fix even if it was indirect. I'm just glad the game is working to where you can play through it again. I hope that it will stay working when the next stable version of pcsx2 comes out.