Is there hope with my PC?
Well recently I have started using PCSX2 and I've been pretty happy that I can actually play ps2 games on my PC Biggrin The only thing I haven’t been satisfied with is the fact that I play the games at low fps rates Sad

My PC specs:
AMD Athlon™ II X4 620 Processor @ 2.6ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 9100 (memory size 256mb)
8GB of Ram
Windows 7 x64

With that said my three questions are:

1) is there hope of being able to play games at or close to 60fps with these settings?

2) If not will overclocking my processor fix my problems?

3) Is there any alternative to PCX2 that runs a bit faster? (I heard something on the forums about a playground release o.o)

PS. I played dragon ball z B3 and it was going good in the intro cut scene (kinda) and also in the computer vs computer demo but as soon as I get to the start menu the speeds drop dramatically why is that?

Sorry for asking so much but I am completely lost

Sponsored links

buying a new gpu with the power of a 9800gtx will do the job. for the rest an overclock to ~3.2ghz is easy and will help allot

ofc search and read allot about oc first
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
So overclocking alone wont fix it?
no way with that low end gpu
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Dang that sucks cause I dont really have the money to buy a new gpu. :'( But thanks for the information cause I wold have wasted my time with overclocking my processor for no reason =/
0h so what's the playground build they were talking about?
a very old build, fork of pcsx2 that has been integrated to the main branch now.
Oh so does it run faster than PCSx2 0.9.7?
of course not. or even if it is, it'd have many bugs not present in 0.97.
Try to tweak with the settings, try speedhacks, etc, I've also had low-end grafx card(6150 onboard) and some games could run close to 60, but not all of them tho. with bt3 i got about 50-60fps in menus, and 35-50fps in game
[Image: signaturel.jpg]