Is this normal?
I am running PCSX2 on this hardware:

AMD athlon 64 X2 4200+
2048 MBytes DDR
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320 MBytes

I am trying to play Burnout but can only get around 20 fps?

I am using the latest download from the pcsx2 home page and have all the settings on default. I have tried to play around with settings but cannot speed things up at all.
I am confused because I have seen and read other people`s setups which are less powerfull than mine running games at full speed?
Am I being really stupid here or do I just need a more powerfull setup?

I should add that when Burnout is running I get EE showing a constant 100% and GS showing between 1 and 16% if that helps.

Sponsored links

for burnout games ?
a more powerful setup, for sure.
that said, try some speedhacks, it may help a bit.
ANd tick native res in gsdx options
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
maybe you could post screenshots of that settings. but you... won't... cause... computer... too slow...

so... yes. this' normal for ya. Biggrin
(09-25-2011, 09:59 PM)jesalvein Wrote: for burnout games ?
a more powerful setup, for sure.
that said, try some speedhacks, it may help a bit.
ANd tick native res in gsdx options

Thanks for the fast reply jesalvein.
I have tried the speedhacks and ticking native res but neither made any difference.
I am looking into building a new pc based around the Intel i7, will this be able to play games at full speed?
(09-25-2011, 09:50 PM)Spikes69 Wrote: I should add that when Burnout is running I get EE showing a constant 100% and GS showing between 1 and 16% if that helps.

you could try the mtvu hack there but you won't get any enjoyable speed.

and yeah a fast (GHz) i7 should do wonders. Wink
(09-25-2011, 10:12 PM)xstyla Wrote: you could try the mtvu hack there but you won't get any enjoyable speed.

and yeah a fast (GHz) i7 should do wonders. Wink

Biggrin at your above reply xstyla, I think you are right.
It`s time for a new pc I think.
I am guessing that whatever game I try or settings I adjust I am not going to get far with this hardware.
Thanks for the replies, now I know its my pc and not me doing something wrong I feel better now and will go shopping for parts.