Is this too hot for my CPU?
I have an Intel i7 4770k CPU @ 3.50GHz, after running PCSX2 for about 15 minutes, the highest temperature for all the cores is over 90C, my hottest core was ~95C.

What temperature should I keep my CPU under?

Sponsored links

That's quite hot. I would get a better cooler to keep it closer to 75C at max load
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I also have another question, how often should I clean the dust out of my computer?
(02-04-2015, 10:32 PM)masterCameron101 Wrote: I also have another question, how often should I clean the dust out of my computer?

Depends on how dusty your environment is.

But basically if you can see dust on things... clean it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thank you for the help, I'll hopefully get around to cleaning my computer soon.
90°C ?
You can almost cook on it !
CPU: i5 4690K stock 3.5/3.9GHz clock (for now)
GPU: GTX 750 Ti Gigabyte OC 2GB Low Profile
RAM: 4Gb RAM dual ch pc12800 cas 8
HDD: 500Gb/32Mb cache
MB: MSI Z97 Pc Mate
FAN: Hyper 212 EVO
(02-04-2015, 10:47 PM)H.A Treesong Wrote: 90°C ?
You can almost cook on it !

You could cook on it. It would just be very slow
I have to ask, how old is your PC? If it's more than 3-5 years old you might want to consider taking the heatsink off and cleaning/re-applying thermal paste to the CPU.

I also suggest while you're cleaning the system out you take a second and turn on the PC while the siding is off and make sure the fan on your CPU cooler is actually spinning up.
[Image: c9hit5-2.png]
(02-04-2015, 10:52 PM)ShadedTear Wrote: I have to ask, how old is your PC? If it's more than 3-5 years old you might want to consider taking the heatsink off and cleaning/re-applying thermal paste to the CPU.

I also suggest while you're cleaning the system out you take a second and turn on the PC while the siding is off and make sure the fan on your CPU cooler is actually spinning up.

the 4770K is a year old.

If you're using the stock cooler I would first follow BLyss' advice and clean your PC. Then if your temps are still too high, then I would invest in a good cooler like Cooler Master hyper 212 evo
Oh my bad. I completely skimmed over the CPU and went straight for the issue at hand. So yeah, just clean the PC and it SHOULD be alright unless the fan isn't spinning up at all.

Edit: Before it gets asked why I specifically say to check visually if the fan spins up. I have seen multiple instances of the stock intel cooler not spinning up but not giving a mobo error message.
[Image: c9hit5-2.png]