Is this what I should expect?
What kind of scam is that graphic card? It looks like a 2005 entry level AMD Radeon.

Edit: Oh god, it is Laugh
http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainf.html

Sponsored links

This is not a good gpu? Unfortunately it's my only option and works great with all other emulators. This card converts the VGA signal so I can hook up a computer to a real arcade monitor.
No other emulator is as demanding as PCSX2 (and Dolphin) as far as I know, unless it's a coding trainwreck, or a ps3 emulator I don't know aboutBiggrin
Gsdx: http://i.imgur.com/udhPu.png

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i5-3570k @ 3.40Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 DirectCU II
8Gb Ram
(12-02-2012, 08:28 PM)Mrmikey73 Wrote: This is not a good gpu? Unfortunately it's my only option and works great with all other emulators. This card converts the VGA signal so I can hook up a computer to a real arcade monitor.

The point is the other emulators are generations behind PS2. Even in native resolution some PS2 games are 3D graphics, what means bad news for that card.
Imagination is where we are truly real
The CPU should be fast enough for software rendering though.
Try to use 2 or 3 extra rendering threads and see if your games run well enough.
Hardware rendering is out of the question with that chipset.
Are there even drivers for such old cards? This card is weaker and older than my already 5 year old laptop. This is the first situation I meet of such completely unbalanced hardware.
Thanks for the replies guys, bummed to know my video card isn't very powerful but as I said before its my only option for having a true arcade monitor. So changing rendering threads to 3 seemed to help a lot in software mode. Any other tips? I have frame skip at 1 and draw at 2. Any tips for software mode would be appreciated, I believe the pc is plent powerful but I might not have all the settings perfect like I didn't know about changing rendering threads. Thanks again.
wait.. i7.. try 6 threads lol
Are you being serious about trying 6 threads? The lol has me confused.
Just tried 6 extra rendering threads on my i7 4400mhz (gsdx directx 11 software) - very smooth, all speedhack disabled, God of War 2 PAL