Issue Playing Double Layered Game On PCSX2 1.4.0
Exclamation 
I've ripped my copy of God of War II into a usable .iso file using my laptop in order for me to transfer it via USB to my desktop which I can't use discs on, allowing me to play with better performance, but once I reached the part in the game called The Great Chasm, it's not playing the cutscene it should when I step on the bridge, all music cuts off, and if I jump off the bridge it will kill me. Even if I press to load from last checkpoint (which is right infront of the bridge), it gets stuck in an infinite loading screen. The game played perfectly fine (except for a bit of random lag) up until there.

I searched all day for solutions online and I've learned it's because the game is double layered and at that very point it decides to switch to layer 2. I tried searching for people who are using just PCSX2 1.4.0 and loading the ISO, and I found this one guy where he described my same exact problem, except he later replied that it is not the game's fault, it's just something he had to configure on PCSX2. I'm fairly new to this and in no way have any idea how to fix this problem through configuring PCSX2. Can anyone help, please?

Screenshot of the Save/Checkpoint
Screenshot of the bridge before the problem
Screenshot of exact spot where problem occurs
Screenshot of PCSX2 1.4.0 console when problem occurs

Sponsored links

What program did you use to make your ISO? also how big is the iso file?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-19-2017, 01:34 PM)refraction Wrote: What program did you use to make your ISO? also how big is the iso file?

I used PowerISO and the file is 4.85 GB (5,217,714,176 bytes).
Yeah that only ripped one layer. use ImgBurn from imgburn.com and rerip the ISO, it should be around 8Gb in size.

(08-19-2017, 01:45 PM)refraction Wrote: Yeah that only ripped one layer. use ImgBurn from imgburn.com and rerip the ISO, it should be around 8Gb in size.

Also, would you happen to know a way to remove this kind of, ghost thing that appears in my game? It's only showed up once I stepped up the internal resolution to Native3x. The difference in quality is so big. Here's a picture of it on just Native.

Thanks for the help btw.
Try IMGBURN http://www.imgburn.com/

Also make sure your laptop's drive is capable or reading Dual Layer discs (depending on the age of the computer some don't) a simple internet search on the model number of the laptop or the drive should tell you.

The ghost thing looks like am upscaling artifact. You can try some of the uptions under the hardware hacks in gsdx. Things like the the offset options tomtry and fix the issue.... but it is an issue thst pops up going up in resolution on quite a few games.
(08-19-2017, 02:16 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Try IMGBURN http://www.imgburn.com/

Also make sure your laptop's drive is capable or reading Dual Layer discs (depending on the age of the computer some don't) a simple internet search on the model number of the laptop or the drive should tell you.

The ghost thing looks like am upscaling artifact.  You can try some of the uptions under the hardware hacks in gsdx.  Things like the the offset options tomtry and fix the issue.... but it is an issue thst pops up going up in resolution on quite a few games.

Yeah you're right it worked. Apparently clicking on Alpha made it go away. Thanks for the help there.
I think the half pixel offset option is the better one to use as it aligns the effect instead of just removing it. It's been a while since I've played the GoW games so apologies if this is false information

(08-19-2017, 04:24 PM)refraction Wrote: I think the half pixel offset option is the better one to use as it aligns the effect instead of just removing it. It's been a while since I've played the GoW games so apologies if this is false information

Wow, I feel kind of silly but yeah. Turns out the problem was that I was missing the whole other part of the game and I can blame crappy SATA cables for that. But it all works now and the game looks great. Thanks alot