Issue that doesn't make sense
Well I turned off MTVU and that shows no change whatsoever in the way the games play.

We tried doing the same on his laptop and he still runs all of his games at full speed and he is even on 2x native when I am just trying 1x native.

My EE and VU are usually running between 30-40% at all times and my CPU usage when a game is running is at around 85% but his laptop has EE and VU betweer 15-30% and his CPU is only at 40-50% at all times no matter the game being played.

I think his laptop is possessed or something -.- there is no way it should be outperforming my desktop

Sponsored links

(11-28-2013, 05:05 AM)echoblast Wrote: Well I turned off MTVU and that shows no change whatsoever in the way the games play.

We tried doing the same on his laptop and he still runs all of his games at full speed and he is even on 2x native when I am just trying 1x native.

My EE and VU are usually running between 30-40% at all times and my CPU usage when a game is running is at around 85% but his laptop has EE and VU betweer 15-30% and his CPU is only at 40-50% at all times no matter the game being played.

I think his laptop is possessed or something -.- there is no way it should be outperforming my desktop

Maybe it's channeling the power of your desktop?

lol

Do you have any security software(anti virus, etc)? Maybe try temporarily disabling it. I know this is a long shot... but worth a try.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-28-2013, 05:05 AM)echoblast Wrote: Well I turned off MTVU and that shows no change whatsoever in the way the games play.

Your desktop is possessed, it shouldn't be running so slow AFAIK Tongue what PSU are you running?? Also it could still be the GPU drivers if PCSX2 uses a certain feature that is implemented badly on the drivers for the new R2xx cards (wouldn't suprise me from AMD/ATI really, their drivers are ususally mediocre at launch...) but this is just an idea, either PSU or GPU drivers or your PC is on powersaver mode or a bug with HW/BIOS, cannot think anything else as of now.
(11-28-2013, 05:08 AM)pablocrossa Wrote: Your desktop is possessed, it shouldn't be running so slow AFAIK Tongue what PSU are you running?? Also it could still be the GPU drivers if PCSX2 uses a certain feature that is implemented badly on the drivers for the new R2xx cards (wouldn't suprise me from AMD/ATI really, their drivers are ususally mediocre at launch...) but this is just an idea, either PSU or GPU drivers or your PC is on powersaver mode or a bug with HW/BIOS, cannot think anything else as of now.

sorry, this is my PSU
SeaSonic M12II 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

so I am pretty sure that isn't the issue and my PC is not on power saver either. I am seriously about to call a person to exorcise this PC that cost me a pretty penny just to not work like it should be.
(11-28-2013, 05:14 AM)echoblast Wrote: sorry, this is my PSU
SeaSonic M12II 850W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

so I am pretty sure that isn't the issue and my PC is not on power saver either. I am seriously about to call a person to exorcise this PC that cost me a pretty penny just to not work like it should be.

Did you try disabling any anti virus or other security software temporarily like I suggested above?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
MY BROTHER FIXED MY PROBLEM!!!!

He got a program called throttlestop that is used for cpu overclocking and he used it to slow down my clock speed so much that my computer blue screened and forced a restart. when it restarted, my cpu was back to it's normal clock speed and all the games are running perfectly now.

This is weird to me, but hey whatever works
Well as all IT experts on the field will tell you

Black magic man

Anyhow yeah, update the BIOS on the mobo?? Wait for a driver update or try a different GPU to see if performance is better (even if it's older).
Or antivirus as suggested

If not I blame a HW fault somewhere, this shouldn't be happening...

(11-28-2013, 05:16 AM)echoblast Wrote: MY BROTHER FIXED MY PROBLEM!!!!

He got a program called throttlestop that is used for cpu overclocking and he used it to slow down my clock speed so much that my computer blue screened and forced a restart. when it restarted, my cpu was back to it's normal clock speed and all the games are running perfectly now.

This is weird to me, but hey whatever works

Update mobo BIOS NOW Tongue that should be it if it's a fixed problem Smile