Issue that doesn't make sense
ok so here is the problem. I have a gaming computer and for some reason, a lot of games I have been trying to play on here are running at horrible speeds. The games I am really having issues with are

Persona 4
Xenosaga 1-3
FFX
FFX-2
Star Ocean Till the End of Time

Here are my specs
i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
1TB harddrive
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

and for instance, on Persona 4, when I enter the dream right at the beginning of the game and it is all foggy, my FPS dips to less than half and when I am at Junes, it goes to about 35 FPS out of 60 and when in the area with the velvet room in the TV it is about 40 FPS.

In FFX and FFX-2 if I go into the menu, the FPS goes to less than 15 and in battle it is at 40-45 consistently.

In Xenosaga, everything is fine until I am able to move and fight. They go less than half FPS and I even played until I am on the ship again and the gnosis attack and there is no change.

Star Ocean is just slow altogether. there is no part that I have had run at full speed.

The other weird thing is that my brother's laptop which is significantly less powerful runs all of these games at full speed with no issues except the occasional hiccup in FPS for like 5 seconds

Here are his specs
Intel core duo T8300 2.4 ghz
4 GB DDR2 RAM
350 GB Harddrive
AMD Radeon HD 2600 Video Card
Windows 7 64 bit

We also have the same settings on PCSX2 but for some reason he is able to run the games and I can't. This makes no sense to me

Our settings on PCSX2 1.0.0 are as follows

speedhacks have the sliders set at 2/0
all boxes checked on bottom except fast DVD
I have DX11 and he has DX10 set in the plugin menu since his video card doesn't have DX11 available
all other settings are default so if anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it.

Sponsored links

originally misread your post.

But yeah, this is weird.

You don't need any speedhacks with that rig though. Just enable only the default ones and maybe MTVU.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Are you running from disc or from ISO?

Are all your drivers up to date?

Might as well try the latest SVN from here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Hmm.... really I can't think of anything else >_<
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
well I tried taking the speedhacks off but that just made the FPS worse in the said areas

My brother is an IT tech and even he is confused as to why my computer cant run this even though his can and his isn't even half as powerful.

I'm confused as to how he can run Xenosaga at full speed with a dual core. I thought at least an x3 was needed to run that game

EDIT: I tried the new build and all of my drivers are up to date and neither fixed my problems. I tried running from the disc but using the plugin feature gives a slightly better FPS rate so I use that
It seems that's a desktop by the HW.

I have no proof but for some reason I'm blaming GPU drivers, that machine should outperform the other one by quite a stretch.

Make sure the PC isn't on powersave and post emulog and EE% and GS%, but I suspect it isn't your CPU bottlenecking.

Also try MTVU hack if you haven't enabled it.
(11-28-2013, 04:56 AM)echoblast Wrote: well I tried taking the speedhacks off but that just made the FPS worse in the said areas

My brother is an IT tech and even he is confused as to why my computer cant run this even though his can and his isn't even half as powerful.

I'm confused as to how he can run Xenosaga at full speed with a dual core. I thought at least an x3 was needed to run that game

MTVU slows down xenosaga for most people, and without MTVU, PCSX2 uses only two cores. But yeah, on that cpu you listed... that's weird too.

But yeah, I have a degree in PC support, and this makes no sense at all, you easily exceed what would be needed to play almost anything at full speed or more.
(11-28-2013, 04:58 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: MTVU slows down xenosaga for most people

Then don't do MTVU Smile
(11-28-2013, 04:56 AM)echoblast Wrote: EDIT: I tried the new build and all of my drivers are up to date and neither fixed my problems. I tried running from the disc but using the plugin feature gives a slightly better FPS rate so I use that

Yeah, the reason I asked is because ISO is better than disc.

(11-28-2013, 05:00 AM)pablocrossa Wrote: Then don't do MTVU Smile

I didn't mean that as a reply to you, I was explaining to OP about how PCSX2 only uses 2 cores without it. It just so happened you posted about using it in the meantime!
Just a thought, what PSU are you running?? Throttling?? This shouldn't be hapenning...

(11-28-2013, 05:00 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yeah, the reason I asked is because ISO is better than disc.

I didn't mean that as a reply to you, I was explaining to OP about how PCSX2 only uses 2 cores without it. It just so happened you posted about using it in the meantime!

Yeah I didn't mean to discomfort you, the don't use MTVU was going for the OP as I had no clue it slowed down Xenosaga, maybe I should have worded it prettier Tongue
(11-28-2013, 05:02 AM)pablocrossa Wrote: Just a thought, what PSU are you running?? Throttling?? This shouldn't be hapenning...

Yeah I didn't mean to discomfort you, the don't use MTVU was going for the OP as I had no clue it slowed down Xenosaga, maybe I should have worded it prettier Tongue

It's cool. I actually have been keeping a list of games that have problems with MTVU. You can read it here:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...-with-MTVU