Issue with new graphics card
I am using PCSX2 to play Tales of the Abyss. Everything was emulating well, but in the middle of the game I installed a new graphics card (I had to; my other one broke) and PCSX2 will not start with the new graphics card. It says "GS Plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.".

I don't understand a lot of the emulator settings, so I figured I'd just change the settings around randomly a few times, hoping the problem would go away. After changing to a different set of settings, the error message has changed to "Pixel shader version too low! Supported: 0.0 Needed: 2.0 or higher.". Depending on what I have the settings at, I will always get one of these two error messages.

My graphics card is the Radeon R9 380, and I have been told that it does definitely have pixel shader support, so I'm not sure why PCSX2 thinks it doesn't.

I am using Windows 7 32-bit. My CPU is an AMD FX-6300 Vishera.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored links

have you installed official AMD drivers?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I did install the appropriate driver from here. I also installed the "AMD Catalyst Control Center", whatever that is. I figured these two things would be all the drivers I need, though I may be wrong. The drivers from the AMD website do not seem to be available for a Windows 7 32-bit user. I'm not 100% sure if the drivers that I did download are a substitute for the drivers that I was unable to download from the AMD website.
It looks like you can download the latest beta for 32bit, god knows why they won't provide a non-beta for 32bit operating systems, seems stupid, but you can get the november beta driver here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles...-beta.aspx

Edit: Keep this page bookmarked as it is there for 32bit releases, just well hidden on the website: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/de...7%20-%2032

Just wondering are you definitely running 32bit windows?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Did you change your default GPU in the PCSX2 Graphics Plugin settings to your new card after upgrading?
(11-17-2015, 11:37 AM)refraction Wrote: It looks like you can download the latest beta for 32bit, god knows why they won't provide a non-beta for 32bit operating systems, seems stupid, but you can get the november beta driver here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles...-beta.aspx

Edit: Keep this page bookmarked as it is there for 32bit releases, just well hidden on the website: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/de...7%20-%2032

Just wondering are you definitely running 32bit windows?

Thanks. I'll try that out and let you know if it works. I am definitely running 32-bit Windows. I confirmed it with Speccy.

Edit: Bwahaha! It worked. The game boots up. Thank you very much.

(11-17-2015, 05:37 PM)bomblord Wrote: Did you change your default GPU in the PCSX2 Graphics Plugin settings to your new card after upgrading?

Er...I'm afraid I don't know what you mean...I don't see an option in the settings anywhere to select a GPU, or anything like that.
(11-17-2015, 11:41 PM)bonewagon Wrote: Er...I'm afraid I don't know what you mean...I don't see an option in the settings anywhere to select a GPU, or anything like that.

[Image: capturem2p6p.png]
(11-18-2015, 01:45 AM)bomblord Wrote: [Image: capturem2p6p.png]

Oh, I see. It didn't list my GPU until after the drivers were installed (the hyperlinks given by refraction) - it just listed "Default hardware device" and "Reference device". I have the appropriate GPU selected now.

Thanks.
(11-18-2015, 01:48 AM)bonewagon Wrote: Oh, I see. It didn't list my GPU until after the drivers were installed (the hyperlinks given by refraction) - it just listed "Default hardware device" and "Reference device". I have the appropriate GPU selected now.

Thanks.

Yup glad refraction was able to help you.