Issues: FFX, FF12, Shadow of the Colossus
Hey all, new-comer here. I'm having some issues with some old games of mine, and I thought I'd check to see if anyone's been able to solve some specific issues (issues found through search seemed a bit too general).

First, Final Fantasy X, in combat, when a character attacks, things slow down to about 60% speed. Everything else runs at 100%. Kinda weird.

Second, Final Fantasy 12, FMVs are seriously screwed up. Like, static, boxy white thingies, slow, bad video. The rest of the game runs surprisingly well though. At least from what I've seen so far.

Third, Shadow of the Colossus, actually runs at a decent speed with the beta version of PCSX2, but when riding around there's quite a bit of... white glare. Like the sun is white-washing everything. Oh, and sometimes the bottom 1/8th of the screen tints dark, like there's a message box down there or something.

And before someone yells "Pirate!", yes I own the actual for-reals physical games, which I bought for my actual for-reals physical PS2. But I downloaded and am using ISOs. They're faster, more convenient, and won't damage my DVD burner by spinning up and down constantly.

System specs:

ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
4 GB RAM

Vista Ultimate x64
5.5 Processor
5.9 RAM
5.9 Graphics
5.9 Gaming Graphics
5.9 Primary Hard Disk

Cheers,

~ Nick

Sponsored links

I only get the white-glare in SotC if I have the Native resolution box checked in the GSDX config menu.

I also only get the "black message bar" issue when running SotC in progressive scan mode (through the game).
Have you tried the latest beta for all the plugins? Also, what are all your plugin settings?

As for shadow of the colossus, it runs like crap on most systems, but the VU-cycle stealing speed hack from the newest beta helps out a lot. The white washing thing can be fixed by increasing the internal resolution as Layer said, but as this game is fairly demanding, increasing that by too much will cause a fairly noticeable slowdown. You'll just have to experiment and find a good balance.

Hopefully through your plugin settings we can figure out why FFX and FFXII are running with issues on your system as that system should be able to run those games very well.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Concerning FFXII,
Latest revisions will run it perfectly if you set VU Cycle Stealing hack to medium... No visible bugs as far and as fast as hell even using 2048x2048 internal resolution... I am using C2D at 3GHz, the game is too slow(12-14fps) without that speedhack and runs full-speed with it... Unfortunately, VU Cycle Stealing hack does nothing to FFX (overloading at Highroad - South End)...
(04-30-2009, 12:02 PM)eliot_cougar Wrote: Concerning FFXII,
Latest revisions will run it perfectly if you set VU Cycle Stealing hack to medium... No visible bugs as far and as fast as hell even using 2048x2048 internal resolution... I am using C2D at 3GHz, the game is too slow(12-14fps) without that speedhack and runs full-speed with it... Unfortunately, VU Cycle Stealing hack does nothing to FFX (overloading at Highroad - South End)...

In my case the VU Sycle Stealing has helped me keep the fps steady at 60 in FF10 (it skips frames in areas where otherwise would slowdown). It's set to "Slight speedup". Running with a core duo 3Ghz.