Issues playing KHII and Shadow of the Colossus
So does anybody know how to fix the problem, then? The pixel shader doesn't make much of a difference when I try it.

Sponsored links

try speedhacks Smile Happy
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Here is what the screen outputs at the beginning of the game. The sunlight flashes through the buildings and weird lines appear on sections of the building such as is seen in the sign of the store. Roxas' character icon flickers in and out and there's no health bar (though I can't recall if it's there yet or not).

Thanks for the help thus far guys, really.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

yea the sunlight shining through is known (it could be either gsdx bug or dx9 limitation Tongue), and yea roxas doesn't have any health bar until a little later in the game Tongue (make sure you have log-z checked or you won't see it when it gets there Tongue, oh and that should fix the strange lines Tongue Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit

(04-28-2009, 01:45 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: yea the sunlight shining through is known (it could be either gsdx bug or dx9 limitation Tongue), and yea roxas doesn't have any health bar until a little later in the game Tongue (make sure you have log-z checked or you won't see it when it gets there Tongue)

Ah, good to know it's not just me then. I've seen videos of alleged KH2-PCSX2 gameplay, and it seems much faster than what I'm getting. Is the game capable of running normally via emulation?

And none of the speedhacks seem to work-- either the gameplay stays the same, or the game won't start, just goes to a gray screen. I don't really know what all speedhacks need to be applied here.
(04-28-2009, 01:48 AM)Dithyramb Wrote: just goes to a gray screen.
Huh gray screen? what version of pcsx2 are you using? Blink
Windows 7 64bit

(04-28-2009, 01:52 AM)LuisR14 Wrote:
(04-28-2009, 01:48 AM)Dithyramb Wrote: just goes to a gray screen.
Huh gray screen? what version of pcsx2 are you using? Blink

PCSX2
Ver. 2.0.9.6

That's my current version. Also, other errors in KH2, since that what I'm apparently focusing on.

--FMVs skip and stutter.
--The pause screen, dialogue bubbles, and reaction commands (such as the all important TALK command) flicker in and out.
--The Log-Z box fixed the weird lines, but now those sections and parts of the section outright fade in and out at places like water or ooze, as a metaphor.
--The game is still running at about 35 FPS or (55%, apparently).

UPDATE:
Whenever I do certain switch to look at this window, then back to KH2, it's fine. All the bubbles pause, bubbles and reactions are all fine now, and while the Log-Z issue is still there, it's not as bad. No idea about the FMV's yet, but the in-game videos are fine. The only problem now is that it is running still incredibly slow, as noted above.
(04-28-2009, 02:06 AM)Dithyramb Wrote: --The Log-Z box fixed the weird lines, but now those sections and parts of the section outright fade in and out at places like water or ooze, as a metaphor.
known issue Tongue (dx9 limitation Sad)
Windows 7 64bit

(04-28-2009, 02:10 AM)LuisR14 Wrote:
(04-28-2009, 02:06 AM)Dithyramb Wrote: --The Log-Z box fixed the weird lines, but now those sections and parts of the section outright fade in and out at places like water or ooze, as a metaphor.
known issue Tongue (dx9 limitation Sad)

Alright, cool. That I can deal with. Also, I found out that it's pressing the TAB key on my keyboard while playing the game that controls whether or not the dialog/menus flicker. Anybody know what the TAB key does in PCSX2?

And the speed isn't constant-- in the woods outside the mansion in Twilight town, it seems to run at normal speed until I attack, at which point it drops right back down to 30 FPS.
the TAB key is a hidden Limit toggle button Smile (it sets pcsx2 to Limit then to Normal when hit again Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit