Issues running PCSX2 in fedora 27
Hello,

First time posting here Smile I currently installed fedora 27 with KDE and I have a a nvidia GTX 750 TI. I installed the GPU drivers from rpmfusion and everything looks fine on that end. When I tried to run PCSX2 I got this error at first. BTW I installed from fedoras repo.

Code:
CSX2
Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!

(PCSX2:4391): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

(PCSX2:4391): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

Illegal instruction (core dumped)

I did a dnf search for adwaita and installed the 32 version of it

Code:
sudo dnf install adwaita-gtk2-theme.i686
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:00 ago on Sun 19 Nov 2017 06:55:56 PM EST.                                    
Dependencies resolved.                                                                                              
====================================================================================================================
Package                           Arch                Version                         Repository              Size
====================================================================================================================
Installing:
adwaita-gtk2-theme                i686                3.22.3-5.fc27                   updates                130 k

Transaction Summary

Now I tried to run PCSX2 and I get this error

Code:
PCSX2
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Sponsored links

GTK warning aren't important. You only miss a 32 bit theme for the GUI.

The illegal instruction is due to missing instruction (SSE/AVX) from your CPU. Check you're plugin directory and delete plugin that aren't supported by your CPU (likely GSdx with AVX2).

If you don't understand the above, just tell us you're CPU and the plugin (so files) on your side.
(11-21-2017, 11:09 AM)gregory Wrote: GTK warning aren't important. You only miss a 32 bit theme for the GUI.

The illegal instruction is due to missing instruction (SSE/AVX) from your CPU. Check you're plugin directory and delete plugin that aren't supported by your CPU (likely GSdx with AVX2).

If you don't understand the above, just tell us you're CPU and the plugin (so files) on your side.

gregory,

thanks for the response. This is my CPU. This errors are just out of a fresh install so I'm not sure where the plugin directories are located or which ones I'm using specificity. Sorry for the little information.
Code:
Architecture:        x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:          Little Endian
CPU(s):              8
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
Thread(s) per core:  2
Core(s) per socket:  4
Socket(s):           1
NUMA node(s):        1
Vendor ID:           GenuineIntel
CPU family:          6
Model:               26
Model name:          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         950  @ 3.07GHz
Stepping:            5
CPU MHz:             1596.000
CPU max MHz:         3060.0000
CPU min MHz:         1596.0000
BogoMIPS:            6128.53
Virtualization:      VT-x
L1d cache:           32K
L1i cache:           32K
L2 cache:            256K
L3 cache:            8192K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):   0-7
Flags:               fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc cpuid aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid dtherm ida
(11-23-2017, 02:02 AM)jlozadad Wrote: gregory,

thanks for the response. This is my CPU. This errors are just out of a fresh install so I'm not sure where the plugin directories are located or which ones I'm using specificity. Sorry for the little information.
Code:
Architecture:        x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:          Little Endian
CPU(s):              8
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
Thread(s) per core:  2
Core(s) per socket:  4
Socket(s):           1
NUMA node(s):        1
Vendor ID:           GenuineIntel
CPU family:          6
Model:               26
Model name:          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         950  @ 3.07GHz
Stepping:            5
CPU MHz:             1596.000
CPU max MHz:         3060.0000
CPU min MHz:         1596.0000
BogoMIPS:            6128.53
Virtualization:      VT-x
L1d cache:           32K
L1i cache:           32K
L2 cache:            256K
L3 cache:            8192K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):   0-7
Flags:               fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc cpuid aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid dtherm ida

Hello Everyone,

I to am having the same issue after upgrading from F26 to F27. The program ran with no problems on F26 but now I can't even get the dumb thing to load. I just get a crash report with the error. "Illegal instruction (core dumped)"  not much to go on.
I did how ever find a solution. remove PCSX2 F27 package (dnf remove pcsx2) The install the old F26 package from the this site.
https://fedora.pkgs.org/26/rpmfusion-non...6.rpm.html
works great now.

System Info
Memory 8GB
Proccessor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz × 4 
GPU: GeForce 9800 GT/PCIe/SSE2
DM: Gnome 3.26
Arch: X64
I guess the plugin are in lib directory
Code:
find /usr/lib -iname "libgsdx*"
find /usr/lib32 -iname "libgsdx*"
Delete the AVX2 version.
(12-01-2017, 11:30 AM)gregory Wrote: I guess the plugin are in lib directory
Code:
Delete the AVX2 version.

Gregory,

I looked and I did not see a AVX2 version
Code:
ls
libCDVDnull.so        libFWnull-0.7.0.so  libonepad-1.1.0.so  libUSBnull-0.7.0.so
libdev9null-0.5.0.so  libGSdx-1.0.0.so    libspu2x-2.0.0.so

But, I did what the other poster mentioned and installed the fedora 26 version and it was able to come up now. There were some errors but, the application came up. I still not have tested how well it plays.

Errors during launch:

Code:
PCSX2
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!

(PCSX2:8631): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -5 and height 17

(PCSX2:8631): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -5 and height 17

(12-01-2017, 05:41 AM)jshel82 Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I to am having the same issue after upgrading from F26 to F27. The program ran with no problems on F26 but now I can't even get the dumb thing to load. I just get a crash report with the error. "Illegal instruction (core dumped)"  not much to go on.
I did how ever find a solution. remove PCSX2 F27 package (dnf remove pcsx2) The install the old F26 package from the this site.
https://fedora.pkgs.org/26/rpmfusion-non...6.rpm.html
works great now.

System Info
Memory 8GB
Proccessor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz × 4 
GPU: GeForce 9800 GT/PCIe/SSE2
DM: Gnome 3.26
Arch: X64

where you able to play any games? as soon I launch a game it goes crazy and use 100% CPU usage. Here are my specs:

Code:
Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Linux 4.13.16-300.fc27.x86_64 x86_64
Physical RAM     =  24051 MB
CPU name         =  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz
Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 03)
CPU speed        =  3.394 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType         =  Standard OEM
x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 7ffafbff
x86EFlags        =  2c100000
(12-01-2017, 11:30 AM)gregory Wrote: I guess the plugin are in lib directory
Code:
Delete the AVX2 version.

This is the output from the CL when it tries to load and crashes:

Code:
PCSX2
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
Releasing host memory maps for virtual systems...
[jcasanova@casanova-gaming emulator]$ PCSX2
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
       Init GS
       Init PAD
       Init SPU2
       Init CDVD
       Init USB
       Init FW
       Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
       Opening GS
Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware mode)
glX-Version 1.4 with Direct Rendering
OpenGL information. GPU: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2. Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation. Driver: NVIDIA 387.22
INFO: GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic is available
INFO: GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 is available
INFO: GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend is available
INFO: GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects is available
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store is available
INFO: GL_ARB_copy_image is available
INFO: GL_ARB_buffer_storage is available
INFO: GL_ARB_clear_texture is available
INFO: GL_ARB_clip_control is available
INFO: GL_ARB_direct_state_access is available
INFO: GL_ARB_texture_barrier is available

Opening PAD
       Opening SPU2
       Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: /home/jcasanova/Desktop/emulator/ps2/devil_may_cry/DEVIL_MAY_CRY.iso
       Image type  = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2294320 sectors)
       Opening USB
       Opening FW
       Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0 [File]: /home/jcasanova/.config/PCSX2/memcards/Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1 [File]: /home/jcasanova/.config/PCSX2/memcards/Mcd002.ps2                                                
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
       Bios Found: USA     v01.70(25/03/2003)  Console
       BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...

(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps                                                                    
# Initialize memory (rev:3.63, ctm:392Mhz, cpuclk:294Mhz detected)

PlayStation 2 ======== Hard reset boot                                                                              
ROMGEN=2003-0325, IOP info (CPUID=1f, CACH_CONFIG=0, 2MB, IOP mode)                                                
<20030325-181554,ROMconf,PS20170AC20030325.bin:11648>                                                              
# Total accessable memory size: 32 MB (B:2:8:0) (363:2:7c30)
# TLB spad=0 kernel=1:12 default=13:30 extended=31:38                                                              
# Initialize Start.                                                                                                
# Initialize GS ...                                                                                                
# Initialize INTC ...                                                                                              
# Initialize TIMER ...                                                                                              
# Initialize DMAC ...                                                                                              
# Initialize VU1 ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VIF1 ...                                                                                              
# Initialize GIF ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VU0 ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VIF0 ...                                                                                              
# Initialize IPU ...                                                                                                
# Initialize FPU ...                                                                                                
# Initialize User Memory ...                                                                                        
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...                                                                                        
# Initialize Done.                                                                                                  

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Feb  6 2003 08:38:48                                                                  
 CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2003-0325, 32M                                                                      

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_202.16;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.10                                                                                
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC                                                                                
found 17694 symbols
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_202.16;1) Game CRC = 0x79B8A95F, EntryPoint = 0x00100008

IOP Realtime Kernel Ver.0.9.1                                                                                      
   Copyright 1999 (C) Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.                                                            
Reboot service module.(99/11/10)                                                                                    
cdvd driver module version 0.1.1 (C)SCEI                                                                            
Load File service.(99/11/05)                                                                                        
Multi Threaded Fileio module.(99/11/15)                                                                            
iop heap service (99/11/03)                                                                                        
loadelf: fname cdrom0:¥SLUS_202.16;1 secname all                                                                    
loadelf version 3.30                                                                                                
Input ELF format filename = cdrom0:¥SLUS_202.16;1                                                                  
0 00100000 0047a500 ........................................................................                        
Loaded, cdrom0:¥SLUS_202.16;1                                                                                      
start address 0x100008                                                                                              
gp address 00000000                                                                                                
# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...                                                                                                
# Initialize INTC ...                                                                                              
# Initialize TIMER ...                                                                                              
# Initialize DMAC ...                                                                                              
# Initialize VU1 ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VIF1 ...                                                                                              
# Initialize GIF ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VU0 ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VIF0 ...                                                                                              
# Initialize IPU ...                                                                                                
# Initialize FPU ...                                                                                                
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.                                                                                
Get Reboot Request From EE
ROM directory not found                                                                                            

PlayStation 2 ======== Update rebooting..                                                                          

PlayStation 2 ======== Update reboot complete                                                                      
cdvdman Init                                                                                                        

IOP Realtime Kernel Ver. 2.1                                                                                        
   Copyright 1999-2001 (C) Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.                                                        
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥SIO2MAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg                                                    
loadmodule: id 25, ret 0                                                                                            
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥PADMAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg                                                      
loadmodule: id 26, ret 0                                                                                            
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥MCMAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg                                                      
loadmodule: id 27, ret 0                                                                                            
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥MCSERV.IRX;1 args 0 arg                                                      
loadmodule: id 28, ret 0                                                                                            
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥LIBSD.IRX;1 args 0 arg                                                      
loadmodule: id 29, ret 0                                                                                            
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥SDRDRV.IRX;1 args 0 arg
SDR driver version 2.0.0 (C)SCEI
Exit rsd_main
loadmodule: id 30, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥MODHSYN.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 31, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥MODMIDI.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 32, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥MODMSIN.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 33, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥TSNDDRVM.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 34, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥CDMODULE.IRX args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 35, ret 0
cdmodule: Read Abort
Closing plugins...
       Closing DEV9
       Closing FW
       Closing USB
       Closing CDVD
       Closing SPU2
       Closing PAD
       Closing GS
(12-02-2017, 05:55 PM)jlozadad Wrote: This is the output from the CL when it tries to load and crashes:

Code:
PCSX2
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
Releasing host memory maps for virtual systems...
[jcasanova@casanova-gaming emulator]$ PCSX2
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
       Init GS
       Init PAD
       Init SPU2
       Init CDVD
       Init USB
       Init FW
       Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
       Opening GS
Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware mode)
glX-Version 1.4 with Direct Rendering
OpenGL information. GPU: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2. Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation. Driver: NVIDIA 387.22
INFO: GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic is available
INFO: GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 is available
INFO: GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend is available
INFO: GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects is available
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store is available
INFO: GL_ARB_copy_image is available
INFO: GL_ARB_buffer_storage is available
INFO: GL_ARB_clear_texture is available
INFO: GL_ARB_clip_control is available
INFO: GL_ARB_direct_state_access is available
INFO: GL_ARB_texture_barrier is available

Opening PAD
       Opening SPU2
       Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: /home/jcasanova/Desktop/emulator/ps2/devil_may_cry/DEVIL_MAY_CRY.iso
       Image type  = DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2294320 sectors)
       Opening USB
       Opening FW
       Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0 [File]: /home/jcasanova/.config/PCSX2/memcards/Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1 [File]: /home/jcasanova/.config/PCSX2/memcards/Mcd002.ps2                                                
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
       Bios Found: USA     v01.70(25/03/2003)  Console
       BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...

(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps                                                                    
# Initialize memory (rev:3.63, ctm:392Mhz, cpuclk:294Mhz detected)

PlayStation 2 ======== Hard reset boot                                                                              
ROMGEN=2003-0325, IOP info (CPUID=1f, CACH_CONFIG=0, 2MB, IOP mode)                                                
<20030325-181554,ROMconf,PS20170AC20030325.bin:11648>                                                              
# Total accessable memory size: 32 MB (B:2:8:0) (363:2:7c30)
# TLB spad=0 kernel=1:12 default=13:30 extended=31:38                                                              
# Initialize Start.                                                                                                
# Initialize GS ...                                                                                                
# Initialize INTC ...                                                                                              
# Initialize TIMER ...                                                                                              
# Initialize DMAC ...                                                                                              
# Initialize VU1 ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VIF1 ...                                                                                              
# Initialize GIF ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VU0 ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VIF0 ...                                                                                              
# Initialize IPU ...                                                                                                
# Initialize FPU ...                                                                                                
# Initialize User Memory ...                                                                                        
# Initialize Done.                                                                                                  

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Feb  6 2003 08:38:48                                                                  
 CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2003-0325, 32M                                                                      

found 17694 symbols
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_202.16;1) Game CRC = 0x79B8A95F, EntryPoint = 0x00100008

IOP Realtime Kernel Ver.0.9.1                                                                                      
   Copyright 1999 (C) Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.                                                            
loadelf: fname cdrom0:¥SLUS_202.16;1 secname all                                                                    
loadelf version 3.30                                                                                                
Input ELF format filename = cdrom0:¥SLUS_202.16;1                                                                  
0 00100000 0047a500 ........................................................................                        
Loaded, cdrom0:¥SLUS_202.16;1                                                                                      
start address 0x100008                                                                                              
gp address 00000000                                                                                                
# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...                                                                                                
# Initialize INTC ...                                                                                              
# Initialize TIMER ...                                                                                              
# Initialize DMAC ...                                                                                              
# Initialize VU1 ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VIF1 ...                                                                                              
# Initialize GIF ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VU0 ...                                                                                                
# Initialize VIF0 ...                                                                                              
# Initialize IPU ...                                                                                                
# Initialize FPU ...                                                                                                
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.                                                                                
Get Reboot Request From EE
ROM directory not found                                                                                            

PlayStation 2 ======== Update rebooting..                                                                          

PlayStation 2 ======== Update reboot complete                                                                      
cdvdman Init                                                                                                        

IOP Realtime Kernel Ver. 2.1                                                                                        
   Copyright 1999-2001 (C) Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.                                                        
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥SIO2MAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg                                                    
loadmodule: id 25, ret 0                                                                                            
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥PADMAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg                                                      
loadmodule: id 26, ret 0                                                                                            
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥MCMAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg                                                      
loadmodule: id 27, ret 0                                                                                            
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥MCSERV.IRX;1 args 0 arg                                                      
loadmodule: id 28, ret 0                                                                                            
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥LIBSD.IRX;1 args 0 arg                                                      
loadmodule: id 29, ret 0                                                                                            
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥SDRDRV.IRX;1 args 0 arg
SDR driver version 2.0.0 (C)SCEI
Exit rsd_main
loadmodule: id 30, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥MODHSYN.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 31, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥MODMIDI.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 32, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥MODMSIN.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 33, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥TSNDDRVM.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 34, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥DATA¥MODULES¥CDMODULE.IRX args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 35, ret 0
cdmodule: Read Abort
Closing plugins...
       Closing DEV9
       Closing FW
       Closing USB
       Closing CDVD
       Closing SPU2
       Closing PAD
       Closing GS

Looks like if I change the GTS on opengl from hardware to software the game does not crash or use 100% CPU. Looks like the game might run fine. Doing more testing.
There are multiple ways to compile GSdx
* no optimization (SSE2)
* multiple binary with different optimization (SSE2/SSE4/AVX2)
* optimization based on the build machine

Quote: Looks like if I change the GTS on opengl from hardware to software the game does not crash or use 100% CPU. Looks like the game might run fine. Doing more testing.
It feels like a driver issue. But I don't know what version is compiled on Fedora neither if they did properly the transition from SDL1 to SDL2.