Issues with FPS
Now i can get the games to run smooth on the laptop but if i try to connect my 32TV via HDMI i get very bad FPS if i use GTX 1060 but better fps if i use the onboard Intel VGA Chip. I have to reduce the resolution to 3x original to get 100% speed. Why?? The Nvidia GPU is way more powerfull. Do I do something wrong? I gust plug the HDMI cable and select onli the TV for the output. I have already the newest driver. And this problem is only with the TV: on the Monitor of the notebook it runs smooth.

EDIT: so, the FPS seem to be ok but the game isn't smooth al all compared to when i play on the notebook monitor.

Sponsored links

What renderer are you using? Since you have the same graphics cards are mine, you should use OpenGL Hardware mode.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(03-27-2019, 10:03 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: What renderer are you using? Since you have the same graphics cards are mine, you should use OpenGL Hardware mode.

I am using DX11 Hardware. I am just testing the OpenGL.... so it also run bad on TV and... even if i set the Resolution to Native without anisotropic filter... 

But now I also tried something different: i set it to show output on both screens (TV and monitor) and if i send the pcsx2 window to the tv and set it to full screen....... it runs smooth!!!!!!!!!!! That is very strange don't you think?
Check your Nvidia control panel (not the Nvidia experience), disable Optimus and then go to application specific settings and set PCSX2 to maximum performance. This happens with some mobile versions of Nvidia cards in some laptop setups... this usually fixes it.
(03-27-2019, 10:34 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Check your Nvidia control panel (not the Nvidia experience), disable Optimus and then go to application specific settings and set PCSX2 to maximum performance.  This happens with some mobile versions of Nvidia cards in some laptop setups... this usually fixes it.

I am actually having problems with it: i cannot find the nvidia control panel. Is seems to be a quite common problem. I ll give it a try if i can make it work!!

The icon on the task bar does nothing. I already reinstalled the driver from the nvidia website and from the notebook manufacturer but nothing changed. In the folder programms/nvidia corporation shou be a folder "Control panel" but it isn't there.
Good news: i got it!! Nvidia control panel is ***** up, i tried everything. But it is ok. The GTX 1060 needs a reboot if I switch to TV on the fly (Win+P). if I don't reboot, I have poor laggy graphics on TV. After I reboot and the TV is already the main display then i can play with smooth graphics and very good fps.

Thank you all. I keep you up to date if i can get to the end of these games Wink
You shouldn't need to keep rebooting Windows to play the emulator on a TV from your laptop's screen. Have you tried Display Driver Uninstaller?
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Also consider checking the refresh rate on your TV.
(03-28-2019, 05:42 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: You shouldn't need to keep rebooting Windows to play the emulator on a TV from your laptop's screen. Have you tried Display Driver Uninstaller?

Yes, I also used that tool that needs to be executed in safe mode. It cleaned everything. But I still don't have a control panel D: 

Another workaround (instead of reboot the notebook) is to change the TV resolution and then changing it back. The automatic switch between Monitor and tv seems to cause some kind of problem, maybe with the refresh rate: if i dont do the trick i also have laggy windows and start menu. My TV is a little bit older, 32" HD ready from Toshiba. For the PS2 it is ok.
(03-28-2019, 08:14 PM)mchief117 Wrote: Yes, I also used that tool that needs to be executed in safe mode. It cleaned everything. But I still don't have a control panel D: 

So... it sounds like you never reinstalled a graphics driver then? Step one would be to do that. Chances are you're running on a generic driver right now, which will probably cause all sorts of problems like this.