Issues with FPS
Information 
Hello! I am using pcsx2 1.4.0 to play a couple of old games: Rayman 2 and Alias. I could set up the DX plugin (it says dx11 but  shows dx10 logo) and get a very smooth resolution. But both games run at about 20 fps: when moving the charachter you notice that it is like that. Pcsx2 always shows 60fps (games are ntsc). The games are not slower als nomal and still playable but maybe could they run better?. If i connect my lcd tv (hdmi) the games are actually unplayable and framerate looks like 10fps: moving the character around gives headache.

I tried with the automatic settings 1 and 2 for the video plugin and set up 4x internal resolution and 4x anisotropic. But also with no filter and the original resolution the game plays at the same (bad) fps.

Do you have any advices?

This is the system:

Cpu: i7 8th
Gpu: gtx 1060
Ram: ddr4 16 gb

Thanks

Sponsored links

that's how those games we re designed.
you can still try to apply 60 fps patches and/or request if they dojn't exist yet : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-codes
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hi, thank you for your attention! I see... anyway, i managed do get some better results and i understood what was giving me so poor fps: Interlacing on AUTO. I tried all the other options and i got good results with none and Blend tff. Framerate seems now real 30 fps VS 20 or less with the AUTOMATIC setting for Interlacing.

But I would also like to try the 60 FPS Hack. I found the code for ALIAS, but... where can i set it up?
it acts as a cheat, actually.
you load it like a .pnach file and enable cheats
I tried it but i didn't notice any difference... anyway the trick with interlacing works but every time i restart pcsx2 and the game i have to set it againt to have a good fps (although Blend tff is already selected). Strange things Laugh
probably because the patch didn't trigger.
care to post the emulog.txt ?
Do i need to convert the cheats?
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
The cheats in this forum are almost always decrypted/raw, so no you can simply put them in the pnach file.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Hi!! I managed to get the cheats working. They should look like this:

patch=1,EE,002B690C,extended,00000000

So you have to add some text to the codes in your link. And then they have to be in the documents folder and not in the emulator folder. I installed pcsx2 1.4.0 on C: but then i have red that you shouldn t install it on the same partition where windows is. FOr this reason i just copied the installed folder from c to another disk. I just don't find the portable version of pcsx2 1.4.0.

However, the cheat worked good on rayman and not so good on alias (framerate dops to 30 or so where you see more objects on screen). But.... it needs more CPU while the EE go to almost 100% the whole time and the fans start being noisy D: