Issues with Final Fantasy X
Hi there! I'm not sure where else to go, so I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

A good while back, probably on a fairly older version of PCSX2, I was able to run Final Fantasy X without any issues. Left everything on default, bugs were minimal.

I've come back to it now, updated PCSX2 to the latest stable release, and tried playing the game. Now the game has serious issues. Primarily, cutscenes bug out really bad. Animations are failing to play properly (people will end up in a t-pose on top of one another, animations will flicker back and forth, etc), and the audio gets completely desynced from the video.

I assume this is just an unfortunate issue with this version of PCSX2, since that's the only thing that's changed since the last time I used it.

I believe I'm on version 1.2.1.r5873, if the program is being honest with me.

If it means anything I also had an issue with enemies facing the wrong way, which I resolved with a google search followed by messing with clamping mode / round mode options.

I've messed with EE Cycle Rate and VU Cycle Stealing options to get the gameplay to a solid 50-60 FPS (they're each set to 2). Most messing about with those options just drops my framerate to 25-30 and doesn't affect cutscenes.

So, anything I'm doing obviously wrong?

Sponsored links

care to post screenshots of the issue(s) ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-06-2015, 07:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: care to post screenshots of the issue(s) ?

I'm not sure whether I could get screenshots of it. The animation bugs happen really fast and, of course, they're inconsistent.
what if you disable all speedhacks ?
(05-06-2015, 07:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what if you disable all speedhacks ?

My framerate drops to, like, 15. The game basically plays in slow motion. I never managed to get to a normal cutscene in that fashion. I probably should, though, for science.
what are your pc specs ?
(05-06-2015, 07:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what are your pc specs ?

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT
RAM: 4 GB

It's old and pretty bad, but again, I was able to run the game just fine before.
3 solutions :
- use an older build (but we won't support it)
- get a decent PC
- play it on your PS2

You'll require too much speedhacks to make it work @ good speeds, and as pcsx2 versions evolve, accuracy increases too.
Thus, using speedhacks may have undesired effects as they are "hacks"...
(05-06-2015, 08:21 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 3 solutions :
- use an older build (but we won't support it)
- get a decent PC
- play it on your PS2

You'll require too much speedhacks to make it work @ good speeds, and as pcsx2 versions evolve, accuracy increases too.
Thus, using speedhacks may have undesired effects as they are "hacks"...

Fair enough. I might have to head out and find it for the Ps2 then. I had it at one point (which is why I don't feel bad emulating it) but it's just more convenient to have it on my PC.

Thanks for trying to help. :D
you're welcome.
and don't forget not to come back here if you have any other problem since we don't support piracy