Issues with Splashdown & PAL GT4 in latest Nightly build
Hello again. I took the hint and updated PCSX2 to the latest Nightly build available currently (1.7.4951). Most games I tested ran a whole lot better than I expected and Splashdown finally loads up. That is until another issue presented itself with the water either loaded transparently or not at all. This certainly didn't happen in older builds and a slowdown leading to a crash occurs mid-race. There's also a bunch of buggy effects happening on screen.     The error message mentions the same invalid unpack issue I brought up in my previous post. Another problem I found while testing games was in the PAL version of Gran Turismo 4. It concerns the built-in patch which can be toggled in the settings. They do work but in turn, the menus begin weaving up and down, looking quite jittery. The widescreen HUD patch also works but part of the screen look chopped off. Yet again, those same patches work as intended on the previous Nightly build I was using. Race HUD is misplaced in return. Is there any workaround for the Splashdown problem? Is the jittering effect with the GT4 patches solvable or do I have to wait for Silent to update them for the new patch format? Thanks again in advance.

(08-26-2023, 09:05 PM)weaz3r Wrote: Hello again. I took the hint and updated PCSX2 to the latest Nightly build available currently (1.7.4951). Most games I tested ran a whole lot better than I expected and Splashdown finally loads up. That is until another issue presented itself with the water either loaded transparently or not at all. This certainly didn't happen in older builds and a slowdown leading to a crash occurs mid-race. There's also a bunch of buggy effects happening on screen. The error message mentions the same invalid unpack issue I brought up in my previous post. Another problem I found while testing games was in the PAL version of Gran Turismo 4. It concerns the built-in patch which can be toggled in the settings. They do work but in turn, the menus begin weaving up and down, looking quite jittery. The widescreen HUD patch also works but part of the screen look chopped off. Yet again, those same patches work as intended on the previous Nightly build I was using. Race HUD is misplaced in return. Is there any workaround for the Splashdown problem? Is the jittering effect with the GT4 patches solvable or do I have to wait for Silent to update them for the new patch format? Thanks again in advance.

(08-26-2023, 09:05 PM)weaz3r Wrote: Hello again. I took the hint and updated PCSX2 to the latest Nightly build available currently (1.7.4951). Most games I tested ran a whole lot better than I expected and Splashdown finally loads up. That is until another issue presented itself with the water either loaded transparently or not at all. This certainly didn't happen in older builds and a slowdown leading to a crash occurs mid-race. There's also a bunch of buggy effects happening on screen. The error message mentions the same invalid unpack issue I brought up in my previous post. Another problem I found while testing games was in the PAL version of Gran Turismo 4. It concerns the built-in patch which can be toggled in the settings. They do work but in turn, the menus begin weaving up and down, looking quite jittery. The widescreen HUD patch also works but part of the screen look chopped off. Yet again, those same patches work as intended on the previous Nightly build I was using. Race HUD is misplaced in return. Is there any workaround for the Splashdown problem? Is the jittering effect with the GT4 patches solvable or do I have to wait for Silent to update them for the new patch format? Thanks again in advance.

I can't seem to post videos or more images but I'll provide more if needed.

Sponsored links

(08-26-2023, 09:05 PM)weaz3r Wrote: Splashdown finally loads up. That is until another issue presented itself with the water either loaded transparently or not at all. This certainly didn't happen in older builds and a slowdown leading to a crash occurs mid-race. 

with Splashdown, that certainly did happen, at least in hardware mode. Splashdown (the first one) never worked right in hardware mode and it still doesn't but the water and and the game has worked in software mode just fine though. If that pic is software mode (doesnt seem so), then that may be a regression. As for GT4,  idk. either way,  you should post a log file of each game after you play it..
I told you the last time you posted to use software mode because there are issues with the game rendering the water. Obviously from your screenshot you didn't switch to software mode
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM