Issues with Tales of the Abyss UnDub
I hope that I am posting to the right forum.  Sad

I am trying to figure out the right settings for PCSX2 to be able to run Tales of the Abyss without the ghosting effect and functioning sound. I did see that there is a patch floating around that, if I am not mistaken, was last updated on May 5th, 2015. This patch was done by Ryudo, I believe.  Ninja  Anyways, I am unable to access the ToA Ghosting Fix as the link is does not work. Does anyone have access to that hack or is it outdated? What settings should I run ToA on? 

PCSX2: v1.50-dev-32920g45687cd51 
My specs:
CPU: i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz
GPU: Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 4GB
RAM: 8GB

Sponsored links

Half-pixel Offset has been improved quite a lot since then, but there's still some minor misalignments here and there. (Although you can honestly play through ToA with just HPO now instead of going back to an old GSdx).

If you're still interested however, here's the patched GSdx:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/49d9rn

I recommend only to use it for ToA, and to not use it for other games. Since it's a pretty dated GSdx by now. (Works perfectly for ToA though).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-01-2019, 02:20 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Half-pixel Offset has been improved quite a lot since then, but there's still some minor misalignments here and there. (Although you can honestly play through ToA with just HPO now instead of going back to an old GSdx).

If you're still interested however, here's the patched GSdx:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/49d9rn

I recommend only to use it for ToA, and to not use it for other games. Since it's a pretty dated GSdx by now. (Works perfectly for ToA though).

First, thank you for responding and sending the old patch. Highly appreciated. 

Second, in order for that patch to work I would have to download an older version of PCSX2, correct?

I have been playing with the settings and I did notice the half-pixel offset works pretty well. There were minor issues like the title screen having alignment issues and also some lights were misaligned. 

Are there any other settings I should adjust? I think at this point I am okay with minor things being misaligned. Fairly new to using computers and emulators.
Big Grin 
Resolved my issue thanks to Ryudo. This thread can be closed now.