Issues with my computer?
I've recently been wanting to play the full metal gear saga again ( 1, 2, 3 and 4. ) And after finishing 1 on my ancient Ps1, I found my Ps2 and tried it but it doesn't work, at all, So i threw it out and turned to the internet!

I got Pcsx2 after countless reccomendations saying it's great and it works, So i found set it up, got my metal gear solid 2 CD and popped it in.

I set up the configuration, Launched the game, And as soon as i get two the boat ( the first stage/level ) The sound slows down and i go to about 2fps.

Here is my computer:

E8200 Core 2 duo 45nm @ 2.6ghz.
4gb 1066mhz OCZ ram
8800 GTS 320mb
500gb 7200rpm Seagate harddrive.

I set the config to the lowest it could go and still, i get about 5fps.
This cannot be normal? Can it?

Thanks for any replys regarding my issue.

Sponsored links

I recommend posting the settings you are trying on. Don't forget to mention pcsx2 version and the plugins you are using.
Sorry Frag.

Pcsx2 version 0.9.6.
I'm using the default plugins you get with the program.
I tried multiple graphic settings from Dx10 to Dx9, 1080p to 640x480.
(06-05-2009, 07:54 PM)Eltoc Wrote: Sorry Frag.

Pcsx2 version 0.9.6.
I'm using the default plugins you get with the program.
I tried multiple graphic settings from Dx10 to Dx9, 1080p to 640x480.

Well.. already tried speedhacks? Personally, I'm currently playing through MGS3 again. I had to install a beta build with a additional option called VU Cycle Stealing that massively increased my framerate. Try it out and tell us if it works.
Sorry, late reply.

I'm not sure what VU Cycle stealing is, if you care to ellaborate.
It's a speedhack that is available in the latest beta version: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Wouldn't that speed up my WHOLE game, I think it's only a bit of it is slowed down.
If you have the frame limiter set properly, it will cap the emulator at 60 FPS, so even the parts that are emulated well/fast on your PC won't go beyond that limit.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(06-05-2009, 07:26 PM)Eltoc Wrote: So i threw it out and turned to the internet!
this just tells me that you have a pirated bios (and you don't have the rights to use it since you threw your ps2 away) Closedeyes
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
lol... stop the witchunt, will ya? =/
at any rate it might be one, but not everyone has the proper tools to rip the BIOS out of the console, especially if it doesn't turn on, and throwing it away doesnt mean that it went to the trash, it can be figurative talking, like when you said that you threw your clothes somewhere. however some thing is as clear as water; dont ever say that in these forums (changing my talk to Eltoc) it is prohibited to say that your bios is from the internet, if you want to avoid troubles edit that part to avoid misunderstandings (well, bigger than this one, most likely the thread will be closed because the damage is done)
back to the main topic: try the configuration guides that are around the forums, I think that someone named Saiki wrote some of those for the people with troubles configuring the emulator
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32