Issues with sandy bridge laptop
(10-14-2011, 02:06 AM)Rezard Wrote: Is your i7-2630QM Turbo Boosting at 2.6Ghz, or 2.8Ghz?
Either way, that should be rather good on it's own. A few hacks should seal the deal.

Could you post your PCSX2 settings?
Plugins, video settings, emulation settings, and anything else you've changed.

Seems to be turbo'ing at 2.6ghz. Here are my settings:

[Image: yMUss.png]

Sponsored links

Disable Frame Skipping.

Is it still "hideous"?
(10-14-2011, 08:21 AM)Rezard Wrote: Disable Frame Skipping.

Is it still "hideous"?

It looks a lot nicer, but runs at about half speed (30 fps). The whole image sort of stutters up and down a bit, too. Not sure if that's related to my underpowered CPU/GPU.
I know what your problem is.
You're running pcsx2 over the Intel HD 3000 graphics instead of nvidia, so the GPU is your bottleneck.
I noticed that becaused GSdx shows DX10 only, with the GT540M it will show DX11.
So open op the nvidia control panel and set nvidia graphics to the pcsx2.exe.

you'll see that your game is much faster then Wink

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

use latest pcsx2 version http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

don't modify EE stay default
VU mild stealing small boost for most game (recommended)
and tick all recommended hack

set your laptop full performance
please set your HDD off to never(in power setting profiles)

!!!!! frame skipping disable RECOMMENDED!!! do not use it if on you face serious game error so on.....
(10-14-2011, 09:47 AM)Nexxxus Wrote: I know what your problem is.
You're running pcsx2 over the Intel HD 3000 graphics instead of nvidia, so the GPU is your bottleneck.
I noticed that becaused GSdx shows DX10 only, with the GT540M it will show DX11.
So open op the nvidia control panel and set nvidia graphics to the pcsx2.exe.

you'll see that your game is much faster then Wink

This has helped significantly! Still not running at 60fps, but I might try tweaking the speedhax and frameskip options.

Also, still getting a strange stutter/jittering. The entire image sort of bounces up and down a little. May be a refresh rate issue or something of the sort. Will have a search around for this one.

EDIT: My CPU now seems to be turbo'ing at 2.0Ghz rather than the 2.6Ghz that it was achieving previously. Not sure why this is happening.

EDIT: So it seems that this is a temperature issue. After playing for about 5 minutes my cpu reaches about 75 degrees, and it stops turbo boost from doing it's thing. This results in running at about 40fps, with all the recommended speedhax, and frameskip DISabled.