Issues with the Legend of Spyro series
Processor: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.00 GHz
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
64-bit system

PCSX2 version 1.4.0

Hi there, I've been trying to figure out what's going wrong with the TLoS series and am thoroughly stumped.
I don't know a whole lot about the technical parts of emulation. I've only run the first and second game so far, but seeing as I've had issues with both, I'm assuming I may run into some with Dawn of the Dragon as well..

The issue(s):
A New Beginning: Just a lot of FPS dropping in large, open areas or where there's a lot of enemies.
The Eternal Night: FPS issues remain, but now There's also screen tearing,bright purple flickering/flashing. Random zooming in on the loading screens, and quick flashes to entirely different parts of the game, (I.E. If I go near a wall I'm suddenly back in the dream for a split second before it corrects itself.)

What I've tried:
-Swapping between Direct 3D 9 and 11 hardware/software
- 3D 9 Hardware: Disabled Logarithmic Z, then Alpha Correction when that didn't work
- 3D 9/11 Software: Disabled Edge Anti-Aliasing (AA1)
- 3D 11 Hardware: Set round sprite/sprite to Half (down from Full), set Skipdraw to 0 (fixed an unrelated issue), unchecked all boxes under Configure Hacks
- Set Preset to 4, changed back to 3 when it didn't work
- Disabled mVU Flag Hack
- Enabled MTVU, disabled when it didn't work
- Enabled Vsync refresh, disabled when it didn't work
- Updating graphics driver (in progress)
- Enabled Allow 8-bit textures, Disabled because it did nothing
- Cycled through Interlacing, returned it to Auto because it fixed nothing
- Set Antisotropic Filtering to 2x, turned back off when it did nothing

I have all default settings enabled, Direct 3D 11 (Hardware) with hacks enabled - Alpha box checked, Round Sprite/Sprite set to half - No shaders enabled, and EE cyclerate set to -1 (anything over or under negatively impacts performance). I also have a 3x Native Resolution, Bilinear (PS2) Texture Filtering, Anisotropic Filtering off, CRC Hack level Full, and Interlacing on Auto.

I've tried to be as detailed as I can, but if there's anything I'm missing please let me know. I just want to play, and the FPS drops are bearable if there's no fix for them, but not the flashing and other graphical glitches..

Sponsored links

The dev builds will work better.
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Also use OpenGL HW.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(06-30-2018, 02:24 AM)lightningterror Wrote: The dev builds will work better.
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Also use OpenGL HW.

Thank you, changed and downloaded the latest one. Uhm, I'm trying to google it now, but where do I unzip this to? Is there a certain folder under PCSX2 it needs to go in?
You can unzip it anywhere, is portable version.